Team Rosters - Disscussion

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby DaeRave » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Dont listen to him Brent. Play the team you want to play.
Check out my custom Heroclix maps!
http://daerave.deviantart.com/gallery/26560165
User avatar
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Nowhere near Vancouver

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby switch21 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 pm

lol don't worry Dave, I was still wrestling with the Spidey team-up team cause that was my first idea...

And yes Chad, this is all your fault :shock:

So to end the suspense, I finished my Spidey Team-Up research and will NOT be going that route.
BLACK LANTERNS IT IS!!

And just so you can all see what's going on, I'll post my team so you know what's coming :D
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby switch21 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 pm

If all goes according to plan, by the end I'll have:

Psycho Pirate, Black Hand, Phantom Girl, Sue Dibny, Elongated Man, Question, Hawk, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Hawkman, Ch'p, Tomar Re (or Alex Luthor), and yes, E-2 Superman.

I may try to do some mods [Don, would you like to help me out ;)] cause that would be cool.

There ya go.
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby radone » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:
DaeRave wrote:lol mental note: stay on Evans good side..


I have a good side? :shock:

You mental note: Stay on Evan's less Evil side....
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby radone » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Looking at the unlocks it seems that you won't get E2 supes untill the end of the Campaign with no up grades after 600pts. That is alot of scrimping to save up for E2.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Tofer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:42 pm

radone wrote:Looking at the unlocks it seems that you won't get E2 supes untill the end of the Campaign with no up grades after 600pts. That is alot of scrimping to save up for E2.


Worth every point just to see him in action!
Getting Rich Quick!
User avatar
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:27 pm
Location: Delta

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Skillator » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:44 am

Just for the record...
What is the policy on less than polite players who are disrespectful and do not show appropriate ettiquette during campaign play?
Has a player ever been asked not to attend any longer? Is the group prepared to take such a step in the future?

I'm just thinking, because you know how WE ALL DO THIS FO FUN, that perhaps players who make that impossible should leave their cix as well as their unhelpful criticisms at home.

I only ask because I plan on being a real jerkwad...
It's Little Dave!
User avatar
Skillator
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 am

In the past general mockery worked well in keeping said people at home. However I know that this method will NOT work on you and instead of waiting for the likes of Manny to step in, I have decided to take matters into my an hands!!! I will not tolerate it!!! I plan to speak loudly AND carry a big stick. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby number6 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:17 am

Skillator wrote:Just for the record...
What is the policy on less than polite players who are disrespectful and do not show appropriate ettiquette during campaign play?
Has a player ever been asked not to attend any longer? Is the group prepared to take such a step in the future?

I booted someone because I found they were very very annoying and when they showed spotty attendance I took that as my opportunity to say "aww sorry, no more fun for you". I'm not even joking btw. I'm also pretty sure he lacked proper bathing etiquette.

Other reasons for being booted / banned in the past have included the judge not liking the player(s). Actually, that's the only reason I've ever encounter to date. So your best bet is to be nice to Manny.
Being disrespectful or not showing appropriate etiquette won't get you booted. So jerkwad away ;) ;)
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby MetroForce » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:46 pm

is there rules for this team by the way or is like most the other teams where elongated man is rookie then levels up. i was under the impression they were all treated like uniques and were only playable at time of death (ie. vet figures for most the duders)

and i dont owe anyone an apology. other mike's lippy and always has been. big friggin deal

i moved on, im beyond that.

and colin youfudgenut, im one of the only people who defends your crazyass. who cares if you won or loss. ive only ever seen you lose. soooooory

movin on brent bring me a print out of whats different or my be unexpected with your team if you can on sunday

i got your bouc coup
User avatar
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: KAMLOOPS

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Atomic Fire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Updated:

THe Black Lanterns:

Sue Dibny (bystander)
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
Cap. Boomerang (Digger Harkness)
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Phantom Girl
Human Bomb
Psycho Pirate
The Question (Dude)
Elongated Man
Dr. Light (Arthur)
Martian Manhunter
Deadman
Terra
Jade
Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
Jonathan Kent
Hawk
Solomon Grundy
Alex Luthor
Katma Tui
Ch'p
Tomar Re
Abin Sir
The Top
E-2 Superman
The Black Hand
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Tempest
Copperhead
Killer Frost
Blockbuster
Ventriloquist
Dolphin
Spectre (Crispus Allen)
Rocket Red (Dmitri)
Dr. Polaris

And let the whining commence.... :lol:
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby switch21 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Atomic Fire wrote:Updated:

THe Black Lanterns:
Tempest
Copperhead
Killer Frost
Blockbuster
Ventriloquist
Dolphin
Spectre (Crispus Allen)
Rocket Red (Dmitri)
Dr. Polaris

And let the whining commence.... :lol:


These are the issue #2 characters?? I did read it, but couldn't tell who some of the resurrected were...
I do have a plan, so maybe we won't be adding to the list even as they are revealed? However, if Manny were cool with that, it could be kinda fun, though it would ultimately end up with me dropping the bigguy (E-2) from the team I would bet.

I love Tempest... one of my fave sculpts :)
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby number6 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 pm

MetroForce wrote:is there rules for this team by the way or is like most the other teams where elongated man is rookie then levels up. i was under the impression they were all treated like uniques and were only playable at time of death (ie. vet figures for most the duders)

I would assume it is working like other teams, otherwise Manny's team description would have had to have some form of rule describing how they don't 'Level Up'.

I've relisted the team Manny posted below, for your reference...


Team Ability - If a character with this team ability, performs a close combat action, and KO the opponent character, heal this character and all adjacent characters for one health.

The team -
Core Members
The Black Hand (LEADER) - Starts with the new TA
Sue Dibny (bystander), Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond), Cap. Boomerang (Digger Harkness), Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Phantom Girl, Human Bomb, Psycho Pirate, The Question (Dude), Elongated Man, Dr. Light (Arthur)
Terra, Aquaman (Arthur Curry), Jonathan Kent, Hawk, Dove, Solomon Grundy

Level A - Unlock at 500pts
The Top, Jade, Alex Luthor, Katma Tui, Ch'p, Tomar Re, Abin Sir, Hawkman, Hawkgirl

Level B - Unlock at 600pts
Martian Manhunter, Deadman, E-2 Superman

ANY CHARACTER WHICH HAS A TEAM ABILITY, HAS THE BLACK LANTERN TEAM ABILITY INSTEAD.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby switch21 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Just checked what came out this past week (haven't got those yet)... #3. Is that where Dr. Polaris shows up?

Oh, and I've pm'd Manny to ask if I'm allowed to add characters or if the list we had previously was it. If they are allowed to be added, they will all be at least unlock level A (after 500pts) so the base team is pretty much set.
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby depster » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 pm

A lot more villains show up as Black Lanterns in issue #3. The Black Lantern list seems endless since as characters are killed off, they themselves become Black Lanterns almost immediately (i.e. Hawkman and Hawkgirl)...etc...
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Atomic Fire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Tempest (BN #2)
Copperhead (BN #3)
Killer Frost (Solicit for a cover of Firestorm)
Blockbuster ( BN:Batman #2)
Ventriloquist (BN:Batman #2)
Dolphin (BN #2)
Spectre (Crispus Allen) (BN #3)
Rocket Red (Dmitri) (BN #3)
Dr. Polaris (BN #3) ( The Hall of Justice has a morgue and alot of villains and heroes seemed to be stored there. Maxwell Lord, Madame Rouge, The Thinker, Brainwave, Bug Eyed Bandit, the Fiddler and Dr. Polaris. Some were not shown rising, but really why wouldn't they along with Alex Luthor and Dr. Light?)
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Atomic Fire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:26 pm

d'epster wrote:A lot more villains show up as Black Lanterns in issue #3. The Black Lantern list seems endless since as characters are killed off, they themselves become Black Lanterns almost immediately (i.e. Hawkman and Hawkgirl)...etc...


This is very true, but really even if it is an ever expanding list, you only have so many points to use. So the biggest benefit would be character options. Which is kinda cool. Makes you want to read the comic.
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby Atomic Fire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:27 pm

number6 wrote:
MetroForce wrote:is there rules for this team by the way or is like most the other teams where elongated man is rookie then levels up. i was under the impression they were all treated like uniques and were only playable at time of death (ie. vet figures for most the duders)

I would assume it is working like other teams, otherwise Manny's team description would have had to have some form of rule describing how they don't 'Level Up'.

I've relisted the team Manny posted below, for your reference...


Team Ability - If a character with this team ability, performs a close combat action, and KO the opponent character, heal this character and all adjacent characters for one health.

The team -
Core Members
The Black Hand (LEADER) - Starts with the new TA
Sue Dibny (bystander), Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond), Cap. Boomerang (Digger Harkness), Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Phantom Girl, Human Bomb, Psycho Pirate, The Question (Dude), Elongated Man, Dr. Light (Arthur)
Terra, Aquaman (Arthur Curry), Jonathan Kent, Hawk, Dove, Solomon Grundy

Level A - Unlock at 500pts
The Top, Jade, Alex Luthor, Katma Tui, Ch'p, Tomar Re, Abin Sir, Hawkman, Hawkgirl

Level B - Unlock at 600pts
Martian Manhunter, Deadman, E-2 Superman

ANY CHARACTER WHICH HAS A TEAM ABILITY, HAS THE BLACK LANTERN TEAM ABILITY INSTEAD.


Note Dove is NOT a Black Lantern.
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Team Rosters - Disscussion

Postby rancidtwinkie » Tue May 25, 2010 1:43 pm

switch21 wrote:Here's the opening lineup for the Black Lanterns (approved by Manny):
CD R Dr. Mid-Nite (24)
OR U Kal-L (93)
OR U Sandman (59)


Black Lantern Superman and Dr Mid-Nite by Day 2 - really? Ouch!

That is a change, not only to the team balance, but also to the figure balance?

Good thing there is no PC to ensure good rolls on the Regen and Support in addition to the healing provided by the Trait and TA. :?
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Re: Manny #6 Team Rosters

Postby switch21 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:18 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:
switch21 wrote:Here's the opening lineup for the Black Lanterns (approved by Manny):
CD R Dr. Mid-Nite (24)
OR U Kal-L (93)
OR U Sandman (59)


Black Lantern Superman and Dr Mid-Nite by Day 2 - really? Ouch!

That is a change, not only to the team balance, but also to the figure balance?

Good thing there is no PC to ensure good rolls on the Regen and Support in addition to the healing provided by the Trait and TA. :?


Hey now, Dr. Mid-Nite is not there for support :D (BLs cannot be healed by other means once they have the TA, but I'll just honor that all the time).
That help?

And there won't be a Kal-L level 2 for awhile due to the point cost...this team isn't going to be changing much as the campaign goes on, so it looks good now, but later?? If you can't start with these figs (arguably amongst the main characters for the story), then possibility of playing the real BLs we have in clix as a team is severely handicapped. You'll just never get there mathematically. They're 700pts and according the team list, only Black Hand is available from the start. That's 48 pts. This requires a minimum of 332 additional points to field a starting team. This means you'd need 1032 pts and you'd have the 4 BLs with poo surrounding them (Mid-nite, PyschoPirate and Sandman are all Unlock B and would not be there) for the end of the campaign and you've upgraded/feated/etc NO ONE. Does that sound like fun?

Evan, you and I have discussed how some of the unlocks etc are arbitrary... so we're going to have a go at this and try it out. If anything, people should be complaining once PPirate and Black Hand chase are both in play with -2 perplexing :) C'mon... they're evil!
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

PreviousNext

Return to Imperial Campaign

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron