Comics Storage

Discuss comics, movies, other games, or anything not really related to Heroclix or Super Heroes at all.

Moderators: Ragdoll, Mysterious Stranger

Comics Storage

Postby airdomin8 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am

My comics are using up space a little impractically and I was debating moving them into my garage for storage. However, I'm a little concerned about water and moisture damage over time.

Does anybody have any useful suggestions? Does anybody else do this already?
airdomin8
Unique
Unique

Re: Comics Storage

Postby radone » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:22 pm

airdomin8 wrote:My comics are using up space a little impractically and I was debating moving them into my garage for storage. However, I'm a little concerned about water and moisture damage over time.

Does anybody have any useful suggestions? Does anybody else do this already?

I wouldn't put them in the Garage there is way too much moisture and bugs. If you really want to put them out there I would get some air tight containers. There are some large rubbermaid ones that would work well.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Sounds like a really good way to destroy your comics. Might be better to make some room in an attack crawlspace.
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby donveersingh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Sounds like a really good way to destroy your comics. Might be better to make some room in an attack crawlspace.

Your attic attacks?
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby LionKingXXVII » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Put them in a storage space with humidity control and and temperature control. It's better...also ALWAYS insure them even if you have them in a storage locker.
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby MetroForce » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 pm

uhhhh i know i'm not the only one who has them at his mom's place.

She really hates them and wants her walk in closet back but forget that. i rent and move to much.

outside is bad. i had them in my old bedroom with them packed against the wall but the room always had a problem where the windows would ice over on the inside in the winters. so one christmas i noticed a whole bunch of mold all over one box. the books were fine but it was a close call. so attics and shit bite too unless its an area you or someoen who cares can check up on them regularly. avoid: in, beside, or under bathrooms and kitchens
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:58 am

MetroForce wrote:i had them in my old bedroom with them packed against the wall but the room always had a problem where the windows would ice over on the inside in the winters. so one christmas i noticed a whole bunch of mold all over one box. the books were fine but it was a close call.

Ditto. To top it off, I had to spend nearly an hour scrubbing mold off the wall. It was that nasty black shit, too. :?
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 am

you too hey?

and it was a normal bedroom in a normal house with no otheer structural problems. just outa the blue my boxe had a bunch of mold on it

not that box , rob
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby airdomin8 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Gents, thanks for the feedback!

I'll be keeping the comics out of the garage (no bugs), away from moisture (no mould) and away from a storage site (no insurance premiums or angry Mom).

Probably best if I keep them in a dry crawspace, storing issues I acquire over the year in no particular order, then cataloging once per annum.
airdomin8
Unique
Unique

Return to Off Topic Discussion