X-Men Wolverine Origins STINKS *spoliers*

Discuss comics, movies, other games, or anything not really related to Heroclix or Super Heroes at all.

Moderators: Ragdoll, Mysterious Stranger

X-Men Wolverine Origins STINKS *spoliers*

Postby glutton » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:18 pm

So I'm all for video piracy when it leads to this. Wolverine was recently leaked on the old interweb, and I fired up a link and watched it online. What a piece of garbage. Honestly theres maybe half an hour of watchable movie in there and hour and a half of trash.

Where to start? It appears they took all the wolverine origin tales and weapon X issues, mixed them up, and made a story based on their covers. Turns out Sabertooth is wolverines brother (wha?) weapon X was really just a buncha smart talking fun lovin special ops (wha?) logans wife was native american not japanese (I think? hard to tell, she blathers on about a native wolverine legend, random guess time).

Basically it goes on and on with incredible oversight, glossing overs, and downright stupidity. I literally smacked myself at how monsterously idiotic they made gambit (really, theres the guy i hate over there and you're fighting him, but you're wearing dogtags GRRR MUST HURT YOU).

The only points I enjoyed where the part with the old folks, just because of the way it ended (kind of a suprise I guess) and the Emma Frost cameo, just for grins.

Liv is a decent sabertooth. There i said it.

Everyone else however is nothing like their comic book form. Blob as a strong man who isn't even fat at first? Kestrel teleporting around willy nilly? And Deadpool, MOTHER FUCKING DEADPOOL. I had huge hopes going into this hearing rumors there was going to be spin offs of this movie for gambit and deadpool possibley, but the frothing abortion they made of deadpool makes my gut heave. Oh and then they kill him.

If you're reading these forums chances are you like comics, save your ten bucks, this one is crap.
I'm Chet!
glutton
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Postby number6 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:14 am

Could you do more movie reviews, it is an enjoyable read :D
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:01 am

Sounds like the movie is based on Team-X.

Can't speak for the bad acting and scripting, but the cut was missing a lot of effects. Wires could still be seen, digital effects were only wireframed or completely missing, ...

Hopefully, The Blob will be digitized.

SilverFox lived in Canada (? was Native Indian?), and was Wolverines GF. But I think Sabretooth killed her.

I haven't seen the movie yet, (I will wait for the finished product) and hope that they do some re-edits after early sceen tests.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby switch21 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:SilverFox lived in Canada (? was Native Indian?), and was Wolverines GF. But I think Sabretooth killed her.

What he said.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby talonted » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 pm

CGI and re-shoots can't save this turd... its absolutely insulting to comic book fans... there's NOTHING redeeming about this...
Blob looks like Fat Bastard...
Gambit? botched the character and mishandled...

things i'd rather watch than this crapper:

"Dancing with Tobey Mcguire Spidey 3 scenes" on video loop till my eyes bleed...

Batman & Robin (1997)

Howard the Duck (1986)

Catwoman (2004)

Teen Wolf Two (1987)

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (1992)
talonted
Experienced
Experienced

Location: Imperial Hobbies and POW! (finally 25 posts!!! no longer a rookie)

Postby glutton » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:39 am

Stop or my mom will shoot was actually pretty good i thought!
I'm Chet!
glutton
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Postby glutton » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:40 am

switch21 wrote:
rancidtwinkie wrote:SilverFox lived in Canada (? was Native Indian?), and was Wolverines GF. But I think Sabretooth killed her.

What he said.
orly? emma frosts sister too boot?
I'm Chet!
glutton
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Postby rancidtwinkie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 pm

glutton wrote:
switch21 wrote:

What he said.
orly? emma frosts sister too boot?

Oi. :cry:
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby MetroForce » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 pm

you stink.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:10 pm

talonted wrote:CGI and re-shoots can't save this turd... its absolutely insulting to comic book fans... there's NOTHING redeeming about this...
Blob looks like Fat Bastard...
Gambit? botched the character and mishandled...

things i'd rather watch than this crapper:

"Dancing with Tobey Mcguire Spidey 3 scenes" on video loop till my eyes bleed...

Batman & Robin (1997)

Howard the Duck (1986)

Catwoman (2004)

Teen Wolf Two (1987)

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (1992)

First I would lke to begin by saying. Wow dude, that's a pretty intense claim Ian!!! ;)
Secondly, I'm with Daemon on he whole Chet should do more movie reviews. It was an insanely good read. :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby madnettie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:08 am

Yeah, in continuity now Wolverine has a son with her that beats him up and makes him cry every issue!
Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!
madnettie
Unique
Unique

Postby donveersingh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Why didn't they just make the original Wolverine miniseries into a movie?

Or the actual Origin miniseries?

or taken Origin combined it with the original Weapon X series from Marvel Presents drawn by Barry Windsor-Smith and then brought it to the beginning of X1? How hard is that?
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby Heckboy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Liv IS actually a pretty good Sabretooth. Surprisingly.
And Ryan Reynolds was an awesome Deadpool when he was Wade Wilson.
Too bad the Deadpool the filmmakers came up with was - what was it Chet said? - ah yes, a "frothing abortion". Yes, that sums up the rest of the film in a nutshell.
Sweet zombie Jesus, thank *insert deity of choice* for video piracy for saving me the potential time and money expenditure I may have otherwise wasted on this steaming dungheap.
aka charlesdward @ HCRealms

"... They didn't tell me Batman was straight. I would have played him straight if I'd known."
~George Clooney
Heckboy
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Postby madnettie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am

Oh but now they can change the ending before theatrical release so everybody who downloaded it will either have to shell out a few hard earned bucks or go throught the time and effort of downloading the new finished version. Ha!
Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!
madnettie
Unique
Unique

Return to Off Topic Discussion