Issue 10 - What if? Zombie Invasion Jan 8th maybe?

Choose your allegiance and contact DarkestThicket for access to the CAPES forums!

Moderator: DarkestThicket

Issue 10 - What if? Zombie Invasion Jan 8th maybe?

Postby DarkestThicket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 am

What if Zombies invaded instead of Skrulls?

I'm probably going to do one small map so people get a feel for things and then one of my larger maps, probably the school where waves of zombies will attack.

Zombies!!

To make things a little more even the build requirements will change. Retain your archetype and rebuild your character with the following restrictions:

You can not have powers or feats that permit rerolling dice (prob/pummel etc). It slows the game down having to keep rerolling all the time to the point that one attack roll could take 10 minutes to resolve.

No Outwit (how do you outwit a zombie??)

These changes are to prevent the slowing of the game and make it a little more zombie like.

There are some moderate differences between Hero and Horror clix rules. You as avatars will be running with Heroclix rules and the zombies will run with Horrorclix rules. These differences are as follows:

Heroes

All Capes have the following trait:

*(Hard to Kill): When this character would be KO'd for the first time remove it from the board and place a marker where it was removed. At the end of the next zombie turn return the character to the board where it's marker is on it's last click with 0 action tokens.

Don't neglect your last click (go leap/climb!).

Be sure to notate on your attack powers if they are noisy or silent, it will be important.

Zombies:

* (Bloodied): Zombies have 0 victims on their card unless otherwise killed during the game. All bloodied characters can move their full movement value and then make a close combat attack using one available cleaver power that is showing. Their damage value is locked at 1 for this attack (Toughness is invaluable against most zombies). Powers can increase this damage further.

* (Zombie Mob): When a zombie makes a close combat attack decrease the defense value of the target by 1 for each other zombie adjacent to the target.

* (Zombie Moan): If a zombie is hit by an attack and not killed or knocked onto an hourglass click it moans, all friendly zombies within eight squares of the zombie will move 2 squares towards it as a free action, this can occur on any turn at any time. Zombies already engaged or that are closer to fresh meat than the hit zombie will not move.

* (Attracted to noise): Any noisy power used within 8 squares of zombies is equivalent to a zombie moan.

Notes: In horrorclix the colours in slots do not denote which power it is. An orange power in movement could mean anything not Leap/Climb. A monster could potentially have 4 different attack powers showing at the same time. Likewise it could potentially have 4 different defense powers available to it. A zombie could potentially have ES/D and Toughness at the same time as well as CCE and RCE (I don't think any do but it could happen). The colour only indicates which power to look up on the card and same powers could have different colours assigned to it. On one zombie black might mean toughness and on another orange could be toughness.

On Horrorclix cards powers have either claw or gun icons beside them denoting which attack type they belong do. Claw attacks could be used with blooded attacks so a zombie with 2 damage and "CCE" could full move charge and attack for 3 damage (base 2 reduced to 1+2CCE=3).

Hourglass: When a zombie has an hourglass for one of it's combat values it can not use actions associated with that slot. An hourglas in movement means it can't be given a move action, an hourglass in attack means it can't be given attack actions, an hourglass in defense means you can't attack it. Also when an hourglass is showing at the end of the zombie turn that creature is dealt one unavoidable damage.

Any other Horrorclix players wanna chime in on anything I may have missed?
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: Issue 10 - What if? Zombie Invasion Jan 8th maybe?

Postby depster » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 am

Can't wait...Master Macho has changed his costume and gained an even larger posse of gals :lol:
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby Tofer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 am

DarkestThicket wrote: Be sure to notate on your attack powers if they are noisy or silent, it will be important.

Is there a way to determine what is noisy and what is silent? I know we did it for WWZ, but it was based on HrC powers and our own personal judgments.

I think we should start a new thread for this that lists what HeroClix powers will be decided to be noisy and which should be silent.

DarkestThicket wrote:Any other Horrorclix players wanna chime in on anything I may have missed?
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby AllyKat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I would like to be part of this... you know... better late than never.
You know... just because my bust impresses you doesn't mean you should touch it. I mean seriousily! It's a collector's item!
AllyKat
Rookie
Rookie

Postby LionKingXXVII » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 am

Tofer wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote: Be sure to notate on your attack powers if they are noisy or silent, it will be important.

Is there a way to determine what is noisy and what is silent? I know we did it for WWZ, but it was based on HrC powers and our own personal judgments.

I think we should start a new thread for this that lists what HeroClix powers will be decided to be noisy and which should be silent.

DarkestThicket wrote:Any other Horrorclix players wanna chime in on anything I may have missed?

Mr. Oakley I think that Mr. Snow is allowing us to denote whether powers are noisy or not. Meaning if we wanted to make our powers noisy we could. Remember when we played in the WWZ Campaign noisy wasn't ALWAYS a bad thing. Sometimes we would use it to draw the zacks towards the noisy character. I think if we all just made choices it'd be cool...I think if we kept it character appropriate it'd be nice. e.g. Ultimate Defender does not have noisy for RCE (disks don't make noise), but RubOut would. (Gatling guns make noise)
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby depster » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 am

LionKingXXVII wrote:
Tofer wrote:

Mr. Oakley I think that Mr. Snow is allowing us to denote whether powers are noisy or not. Meaning if we wanted to make our powers noisy we could. Remember when we played in the WWZ Campaign noisy wasn't ALWAYS a bad thing. Sometimes we would use it to draw the zacks towards the noisy character. I think if we all just made choices it'd be cool...I think if we kept it character appropriate it'd be nice. e.g. Ultimate Defender does not have noisy for RCE (disks don't make noise), but RubOut would. (Gatling guns make noise)

Master Macho is a deadly, silent assassin but his party posse sometimes can be quite noisy...(note...not a power)...I think he should have the option of being noisy or silent at any time he chooses :D
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 am

d'epster wrote:Master Macho is a deadly, silent assassin but his party posse sometimes can be quite noisy...(note...not a power)...I think he should have the option of being noisy or silent at any time he chooses :D

You could have move actions be noisy as your babes are cheering you on?
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 am

DarkestThicket wrote:
d'epster wrote:Master Macho is a deadly, silent assassin but his party posse sometimes can be quite noisy...(note...not a power)...I think he should have the option of being noisy or silent at any time he chooses :D

The rule says 'any noisy power'... Super Senses dodge cheer!
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Tofer wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote:

The rule says 'any noisy power'... Super Senses dodge cheer!

How about...the babes cheer after a Zombie kill action :D - noisy...but during attacks, silent since they don't want to distract Master Macho
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby AllyKat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I hope I did that character creation thingie right!
You know... just because my bust impresses you doesn't mean you should touch it. I mean seriousily! It's a collector's item!
AllyKat
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 am

It's on! This Saturday, noon, Imperial.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:It's on! This Saturday, noon, Imperial.

That map you sent me is at printers - they estimate no later than Wed for it to be ready.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

:D :D :D OH BOY!!! MORE FUN TO BE HAD!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Tofer wrote:

That map you sent me is at printers - they estimate no later than Wed for it to be ready.

Hurray!
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:23 pm

This is happening tomorrow...hopefully all of you can make it!!! I haven't seen some of you in forever now...would love to see everyone show up for some chit chat and Clix fun!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 am

Master Macho's babes multiplied and he is curb stomping a zombie spiderman:
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:39 pm

That was super fun Jon thanks for bringing back the memories of our WWZ days and mixing them in with our CAPES!, super awesome!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Return to CAPES!