Issue 7

Choose your allegiance and contact DarkestThicket for access to the CAPES forums!

Moderator: DarkestThicket

Issue 7

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:40 am

Will more than likely be on the 28th I've been pretty planny for this one as there's going to be lots of prep work in addition to the addition of Sharpshooter, Indom, power set additions and updates and stuff. I've already got two out of three articles written up ^_^.

This last third of the campaign will come much easier to me as it's mostly been planned out where as the last few have been off the cuff last minute things.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: Issue 7

Postby glutton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 pm

thats August 28th right?
I'm Chet!
glutton
Limited Edition
Limited Edition

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Correct!
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm

It's going to be spectacular!!! I'm so stoked, you don't understand how hard it was for me to miss last issue. It made me sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now I'm EXTRA excited for the next issue!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby radone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:08 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:It's going to be spectacular!!! I'm so stoked, you don't understand how hard it was for me to miss last issue. It made me sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now I'm EXTRA excited for the next issue!!! :D :D :D

I wish I was there too,I think our team mates missed us as well...
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby switch21 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't think they missed you at all. Why would anyone miss rangy sleaziness and probbing bunny?
Or did you say that just because the heroes lost?
Villains get no credit for getting better... lol... you'll see.

RubOut
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:10 am

Check it out...it's all early and such.

DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 am

Also just as a note we're probably not going to be doing as much PVP for the last three issues due to the bigger picture :)
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:19 am

Great read Jon. Is it just me or is the right edge (maybe 3 characters) of the paper missing?
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:24 am

I don't think so.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 am

radone wrote:Great read Jon. Is it just me or is the right edge (maybe 3 characters) of the paper missing?

DarkestThicket wrote:I don't think so.

You are BOTH right. The characters are missing on the website...that's why I download them onto my rig and then view them at my leisure...I also save them because I'm such a FANBOY!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:30 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:
radone wrote:Great read Jon. Is it just me or is the right edge (maybe 3 characters) of the paper missing?

DarkestThicket wrote:I don't think so.

You are BOTH right. The characters are missing on the website...that's why I download them onto my rig and then view them at my leisure...I also save them because I'm such a FANBOY!!! :D :D :D

If you don't want to save the image, right click on it and the click on 'Properties'. C&P the image location into a web browser tab or window and hit 'Enter'.

The full image should then be visible. I have done this in the past to great success.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Or if you have a Flickr account it's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vancouvergeek/4834674878/
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 am

Just to give a preview of the scenario we're running today as it's a little complicated. I meant to get this out early but you know...sterilization, baby, play test only done on Thursday:

Scenario:

The Skrulls have infected two major parts of the city through the planting of two of their fallen brethern. They made a show of trying to "rescue" their bodies and allowed the heroes and villains to traipse them around the city infecting people with four strains of Skrull infections. Discovering their mistake just in time the pandemic was contained to two sections of the city with each faction deperately attempting to find a cure before it overwhelmed their defences.

Victory conditions: All four diseases are cured.
Loss conditions: One disease pile exhausts, or the player deck exhausts.

At the beginning of the game put all the Kings aside and set up 12 victims on the map, reveal the top 4 cards of the infection deck, the corresponding victims get 2 tokens of disease. Reveal the next 4, those victims get 1 token of disease. Shuffle the kings into the infection deck. Deal two cards of the player deck to each player and separate the remaining cards into three piles. Add a king to each pile, shuffle each section of the deck and put them one on top of another so that the three kings are randomly inserted into each third of the deck.

On each players turn they can either move or attack (or move and attack if their power set lets them). In addition players have four free actions (powers like perplex, outwit, prob do not count against these four free actions) with which they can perform the following actions in any order:
1.) Give a card to an adjacent player (there is no hand limit)
2.) Remove a token from an infected victim (or all tokens if a cure has been found)
3.) Discard a card to teleport to that victim.
4.) Discard a card where the number matches the victim and remove all diseases of a matching suit (if you're at victim number 9 you can discard the 9 of clubs to cure all the clubs tokens)
5.) Cure a disease by discarding 5 cards of the same suit

Jokers count as any card or any suit and can be used for teleportation or curing.

After each turn players draw two cards from the player deck and adds them to their hand. If a King is drawn the bottom card of the infection deck is revealed, the corresponding victim is infected with three cubes and the infector card is discarded. The infector discard pile is then shuffled and placed ON TOP of the infection draw pile.

After the player cards are drawn reveal and discard the top two cards of the infection deck. Infect the corresponding victims with one token, if the victim has other disease tokens it gets another of the same. If a King is drawn this activates the Skrull who can move/attack and take two free actions to infect victims with the corresponding disease. If a cure has been found for the disease that it drawn it will not get a cube but diseases will worsen (Example: Hearts has been cured, victim #4 has a heart disease token, 4 of hearts is drawn the victim is not infected any more. If 4 of diamonds is drawn victim gets one diamond token and one hearts token (people can get worse but not re-infected).)

If a victim is ever supposed to get a fourth token of the same type he outbreaks to the victims + and - 1 digit from its. (Example: Victim number 10 has three hearts cubes and is supposed to get another heart cube, instead victim number 9 and Q get a heart cube. This can cause another outbreak but not back to victim 10.) This outbreak does cause any cubes of a different disease to worsen. Diseases can only worsen once per turn.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 am

SKRULL ZOMBIE POKER or SKRULL ZOMBIE GIN RUMMY :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:26 pm

BEST ISSUE YET!!!

I really loved the betrayal. It was so friggin' good. I had a hunch about the NPCs being SKRULLS but I totally did not expect that Molossus or Trixie to be SKRULLS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was soooo EPIC!!! I love it I can't wait for the next issue. Hopefully in the next issue we will have are entire contingent of Heroes and Villains!!! Then we may just be able to take on the SKRULL INVASION. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thank you Jon Snow for a most fun day of CLIX. Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D

P.S. Special shout out to Avarice and Ultimate Defender for taking down the Skrull Emperor!!! 8) 8) 8)
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:00 am

LionKingXXVII wrote:BEST ISSUE YET!!!

Sooooo much fun! I think the overwhelming opposition took a lot of the tension out of it...we knew what the outcome was going to be, we just didn't know how it was going to play out. :D

LionKingXXVII wrote:I really loved the betrayal. It was so friggin' good. I had a hunch about the NPCs being SKRULLS but I totally did not expect that Molossus or Trixie to be SKRULLS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bah, it was TOTALLY obvious. Anyone could have seen it coming if they were asked to do Skrull repaints of Molossus and Trixie!
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby depster » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:BEST ISSUE YET!!!

Sooooo much fun! I think the overwhelming opposition took a lot of the tension out of it...we knew what the outcome was going to be, we just didn't know how it was going to play out. :D

LionKingXXVII wrote:I really loved the betrayal. It was so friggin' good. I had a hunch about the NPCs being SKRULLS but I totally did not expect that Molossus or Trixie to be SKRULLS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bah, it was TOTALLY obvious. Anyone could have seen it coming if they were asked to do Skrull repaints of Molossus and Trixie!

Yeah...Molossus holding back an Trixie not doing any actions for I don't know how many rounds...what was a little bit sad is even without the betrayal, the Skrulls probably would've defeated us handily...they only used 1/3rd of their force!

Can't wait to see what's coming next Issue noe that all the Heroes and Villains are KO'd (except for those that weren't there). Reinforcements maybe???
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby radone » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

It was a majorly epic battle!! I figure they probably would have had at least 1200 more points of guy who didn't even act.

They may have won the battle but they won't win the war!
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby undead1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:50 pm

radone wrote:They may have won the battle but they won't win the war!

Are you sure!!! In the World War Z campaign, we were all killed and turned to zombies. I see death followed by some sick Skrull experiments.
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
undead1
Unique
Unique

Next

Return to CAPES!