Fixer

Choose your allegiance and contact DarkestThicket for access to the CAPES forums!

Moderator: DarkestThicket

Fixer

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Check your respective forums. You should have a list of stuff available to you from your fixers (Beauty and Beast).

Gear

Gear uses special rules outside of normal objects. Gear may always be used by a character regardless of whether they have super strength or not. However only characters with super strength may use gear as though it were a light or heavy object. Gear is dropped when the character is KO'd and may be picked up (and kept) by other characters. Gear does not count as an object for the purposes of carrying regular objects or carrying other characters, however characters may only have one piece of gear on them at a time.

Gear can be disarmed using an attack roll against the characters defence, if a ranged attack is being used to disarm the attack roll is at minus four. If a character is disarmed (can only be used on gear) the object is dropped in the square they are standing in. They may pick it up on their turn whether they move or not.

Critical misses cause gear to be discarded (not dropped).

Battlesuits and gadgeteers may spend an additional 1 bp to attach a piece of gear to their suit/uniform (thus can "equip" two objects instead of one). If they are given an action they must choose which piece of gear they are using (if any). Items equipped in this way are disarmed at minus four, the gear may still be picked up and used but to be reattached costs the 1 bp again.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: Fixer

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

When gear is dropped or stolen or discarded, do we get the BP points back or are they gone forever...?
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:When gear is dropped or stolen or discarded, do we get the BP points back or are they gone forever...?

Discarded is only gone until the beginning of the next campaign day. Dropped, the gear sits on the ground until someone picks it up, hopefully you. Stolen is totally stolen. BP's are burned to acquire gear.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:43 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:When gear is dropped or stolen or discarded, do we get the BP points back or are they gone forever...?

Discarded is only gone until the beginning of the next campaign day. Dropped, the gear sits on the ground until someone picks it up, hopefully you. Stolen is totally stolen. BP's are burned to acquire gear.

I didn't read this before I complained about our gear being overpowered...THIS is the ULTIMATE equalizer!!! You drop your ULTRA-SUPER-OMEGA-DESTROYER-BEAM and the other team can pick it up!!!

Be careful what you wish for... :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote: You drop your ULTRA-SUPER-OMEGA-DESTROYER-BEAM and the other team can pick it up!! :D

Hey! How did you know what Gear I equipped?!? ;)
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 am

Tofer wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote: You drop your ULTRA-SUPER-OMEGA-DESTROYER-BEAM and the other team can pick it up!! :D

Hey! How did you know what Gear I equipped?!? ;)

The Heroes have spies EVERYWHERE!!! BEWARE THE BUNNY!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 am

Can Gadgeteers/Battlesuits equip more than one piece of Gear at a time?

If so, do they just spend the requisite 1 BP per item to do so?

Is there a maximum number of pieces of Gear they can equip in this manner?
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

They can actually use two objects/gear regardless if they "attach" them or not. It's kind of their thing. They can attach them both to make them harder to disarm or not.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Is it up to the attacker or the user of equipment to state that the gear drops when they are KO'd. I beleive that there should have been some gear the hero's should have retrieved when 2 of the Villian were KO'd. Did we snooze and lose or did those dastardly Villians pull a fast one?
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby LionKingXXVII » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:They can actually use two objects/gear regardless if they "attach" them or not. It's kind of their thing. They can attach them both to make them harder to disarm or not.

Honestly...do the Gadgeteer and Battlesuit really need more love? They are pretty good as is...ESPECIALLY the Gadgeteer. Maybe we should start NERFing them instead. I think that the Gadgeteer needs a lot of retooling for the next campaingn...if we want to keep it in the next one. Sorry Theo...just stating what I see...I've reviewed the classes more closely as a few of us are looking to run a similar campaign on Wednesday nights at Imperial. :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 am

radone wrote:Is it up to the attacker or the user of equipment to state that the gear drops when they are KO'd. I beleive that there should have been some gear the hero's should have retrieved when 2 of the Villian were KO'd. Did we snooze and lose or did those dastardly Villians pull a fast one?

AFAIK, the only Gear the Villains used were:
Brass Knuckles on Avarice (not KO'd)
Ablative Armour on Dr. Malice (attached to Battlesuit, so it will not drop, even when KO'd)
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 am

There was another pair of brass knuckles that dropped (don't remember who had them) I thought and ACE picked em up right away.
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to CAPES!