CAPES! Bonus clicks discussion

Choose your allegiance and contact DarkestThicket for access to the CAPES forums!

Moderator: DarkestThicket

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 am

d'epster wrote:...but what are "SPECIAL" reward clicks...first I've heard of such a thing as this is my first CAPES campaign

That's because Leo just invented it.
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby Tofer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 am

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
d'epster wrote:...but what are "SPECIAL" reward clicks...first I've heard of such a thing as this is my first CAPES campaign

That's because Leo just invented it.

It's only been invented if we actually use it! :wink: Otherwise, it's just Leo blowing smoke.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:37 am

Tofer wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:That's because Leo just invented it.

It's only been invented if we actually use it! :wink: Otherwise, it's just Leo blowing smoke.

You don't understand science at all.
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby Tofer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Tofer wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:That's because Leo just invented it.

You don't understand science at all.

Duh! <Points finger at self>Speedster! I'll leave that to you nerdy Hero types.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm

So it sounds like earning fewer clicks is a good idea and that I might want to look at having specific clicks earned for specific archetypes. At this point the main reason I've been stingy with the BP is that people in the WWZ campaign got super powerful super fast and I didn't want that happening again. I will probably start giving out a little more BP a la what Brandi was doing previously where people would just randomly get it for finding stuff. The first third of the campaign is over (establishing power in Vancouver) and as such part two is starting in April which will reveal a little bit more of the story line (how did we get our powers?).
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: CAPES! Bonus clicks discussion

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Since I'm dividing things up into three chapters of three issues I'll rule that you earn a click of life after each chapter. As such keep what you've earned so far and don't expect to get any more clicks until after the June session. Discussions are still occuring as to what earned clicks can be spent for and there may an addition to the build-your-character section with archetype specific earned clicks.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 pm

I had an idea about my characters origin that was tied to the bomb but a little indirectly should I scrap it and wait to find out what happened?
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:28 pm

PM me it and I'll let you know.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Also I think at this point since we've earned three clicks already I might just not issue any more unless it's a reward for doing something or other. There may be at least one more click earned before the finale but feel free to sacrifice any previously earned click on your dial (and assign powers if needed) if you haven't overcapped by now.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:Also I think at this point since we've earned three clicks already I might just not issue any more unless it's a reward for doing something or other. There may be at least one more click earned before the finale but feel free to sacrifice any previously earned click on your dial (and assign powers if needed) if you haven't overcapped by now.

I like it...seems as though 3 clicks earned would have been close to the amount you would have handed out now in hindsight with probably about a click every 2-3 sessions. So capping it now and nottaking back anything probably is okay for most people. I only think about Ryan and Dr. Flame Brain when I say this...perhaps Leaders might be able to earn clicks in other ways? But maybe this will also keep them from exploiting the number of "minions" they churn out as well. So I dunno...how about a gimme for Dr. Flame Brain and allow him to "remake" his guy so that if he wanted he could have 2, 3, or 4 minions if he wanted instead? Deal? Thanks for being so good about being flexible everyone...especially while we're all learning and adjusting on the fly1!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby switch21 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 am

Well let's be honest that if Leaders can't build up their minions, they suck. I think Leaders should still be able to get clicks somehow....
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

switch21 wrote:Well let's be honest that if Leaders can't build up their minions, they suck. I think Leaders should still be able to get clicks somehow....

I wouldn't say leaders suck...The minions starting stats are better then some snowman starting stats.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:41 am

Yeah, I'm trying to do one thing for each archetype being played. Minion boosting will probably be the leaders.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to do one thing for each archetype being played. Minion boosting will probably be the leaders.

The Leaders' minions are their only assets. They raelly need them to be good so that we can focus on killing the leader and thereby rendering the mionion(s) useless. I say take a look at the Leader archetype and make sure they are not overpowered in the defensive powers...then let them go to own building up their minions!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to do one thing for each archetype being played. Minion boosting will probably be the leaders.

The Leaders' minions are their only assets. They raelly need them to be good so that we can focus on killing the leader and thereby rendering the mionion(s) useless. I say take a look at the Leader archetype and make sure they are not overpowered in the defensive powers...then let them go to own building up their minions!!! :D :D :D

I had hoped that being able to set D at 18 would serve to keep the leaders on their toes and not get wiped out right away. I'm also thinking about removing the clix restriction on minions so that you should be able to over click your minion as well if you wanted to have a 4 click leader you could have a 6 click minion if you didn't overcap.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:
I had hoped that being able to set D at 18 would serve to keep the leaders on their toes and not get wiped out right away. I'm also thinking about removing the clix restriction on minions so that you should be able to over click your minion as well if you wanted to have a 4 click leader you could have a 6 click minion if you didn't overcap.

This seemed to work in the BPRD campaign. Cog was a behemoth in combat but crumpled once Shepard Payne was defeated. I had to go to great lengths to keep the leader fig alive while making Cog most effective.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Tofer wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:

This seemed to work in the BPRD campaign. Cog was a behemoth in combat but crumpled once Shepard Payne was defeated. I had to go to great lengths to keep the leader fig alive while making Cog most effective.

But you had to understand that you also had ANOTHER restriction...you had minion RANGE to keep you in check...right now there is NOTHING that does that...so the Leader can sit in the back while the minions go about their things of mopping the floor with the enemy. Plus...if we manage to wipe the minions the Leaders still have a plethora of support powers that could be VERY useful in end game. Just sayin'!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 am

LionKingXXVII wrote:
Tofer wrote:
DarkestThicket wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:

But you had to understand that you also had ANOTHER restriction...you had minion RANGE to keep you in check...right now there is NOTHING that does that...so the Leader can sit in the back while the minions go about their things of mopping the floor with the enemy. Plus...if we manage to wipe the minions the Leaders still have a plethora of support powers that could be VERY useful in end game. Just sayin'!!! :D :D :D

I thought about doing minion range as 2 x number of clicks of leadership you purchased. I thought this would make Leaders too complicated though.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 am

DarkestThicket wrote:I thought about doing minion range as 2 x number of clicks of leadership you purchased. I thought this would make Leaders too complicated though.

How about Control Range = to # of clicks the Leader figure has? This might give the Leaders incentive to add clicks to their OWN dials rather than their minions.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Previous

Return to CAPES!