Campaigningness

A forum for discussion that has gotten a bit too heated for general consumption.

Postby DaeRave » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 am

:shock:

While I maintain Hartley is a dick, and clearly still very much at the very center and core of all of the stress around here, its safe to say now that I dont think he's at least always the cause of the stress.

Evan I think your a great guy and great part of the clix community but youve really gotta take a step back from this and leave it be for awhile. Hartleys right about one thing, you did throw yourself into the middle of that. Hartley says the wrong thing by you, and you just see red. I certainly know what it feels like.
I dont want you to quit clix or quit coming to Elfsar on Thursdays or any sillyness like that, but youve really gotta leave these discussions alone.

Your not convincing him of your side, he's not convincing you of your side, Legions snappy quips just push even more of your buttons and Damons got the sense to bow out when he knows its not a battle worth fighting.
Just focus on the aspects of the game that make you happy and try not to pay attention to the rest.
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Answerman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:56 am

Ah yes the guy who wrote and essay on what a dick and a douche I am for trying to explain to him a storyline he didn't understand.
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:57 am

DaeRave wrote:youve really gotta take a step back from this and leave it be for awhile.

What's that line from the Godfather? "They just keep pulling me back in."

I have stayed out of the Campaign threads since the Forums were re-organized, and was in fact removing myself as the host/administrator/editor of the campaign documents when the forums were changed (it scared the $h!t out of me - I thought I had deleted the entire Campaign section rather than the one thread until I refreshed the browser and saw the changes).

Of course even that act of disentangling myself from the Campaigns was met with hostility and ridicule, and what followed is what finally broke me. The constant barrage of personal attacks and insults has gotten to be too much (even a certain signature line now quotes me, quoting someone else).

I have sent a Cease Fire offer (not reconciliations nor apologies) to a certain party, and am waiting to hear back in that regards. Hopefully we can end this insanity, let the dust settle and then try to play nice(r).
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby number6 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:00 am

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Unless someone is planning to sue someone, I think the talk about rights is a bit of a red herring.

I don't know if Red Herring is the term I would use, but I agree unless litigation is going to be pursued, there is no weight to copyright. And really, who would pursue a lawsuit for something that doesn't make anyone any money ;) (I'm sipping on Sangria in Dubai atm...no really I am)

I posted the copyright info because I figured official / legal documention would be a neutral way of determing entitlement or ownership of something over "I did this or I said that and he did this..." style arguments.
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Answerman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 am

number6 wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Unless someone is planning to sue someone, I think the talk about rights is a bit of a red herring.

I don't know if Red Herring is the term I would use, but I agree unless litigation is going to be pursued, there is no weight to copyright. And really, who would pursue a lawsuit for something that doesn't make anyone any money ;) (I'm sipping on Sangria in Dubai atm...no really I am)

I posted the copyright info because I figured official / legal documention would be a neutral way of determing entitlement or ownership of something over "I did this or I said that and he did this..." style arguments.

I only expressed my feelings on the matter.
You know, emotions right?

I stated that it upset me to have had work I contributed to completely removed and made inaccessible to myself and others in the POW! campaign.

Regardless of the level I contributed I did indeed contribute and to the very infancy of the project.
I don't think the feelings I expressed were not normal by any stretch of the imagination.
And you did indeed misrepresent my involvement as you did indeed present to me the idea that I was working with, not for you.

If you had made it clear that I would have no say at all and no more control than anybody who you decided should have input I would never have put the hours into it with you thats I did, not would I have provided you with 2 venues to hold your campaigns.

I won't say that you were actively deceitful, but I certainly felt pretty used by you and misdirected.

I suppose I still do to a degree.
Last edited by Answerman on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:24 am

Well, clearly the money I've made and fame acquired has made it all worthwhile (I am now in Switzerland skiing with some snow bunnies... really I am) :P

I figure look at this as an opportunity. Think positively :)
There are now no rules.
The slate is clean.
You can create rules in a vision true to how you feel about them. You can use the experience you gained from your initial work, and apply your recent work and toss in some creative brain-juice.

As I said in a previous post, To whomever embarks upon such a project. I wish the best of luck :)
I have no doubt the Heroclix community will support you in this endeavor.

Take care, and for goodness sake, get some sleep, in less than 11 hours Campaign Day 3 begins :D :D :D
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Answerman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:35 am

number6 wrote:Well, clearly the money I've made and fame acquired has made it all worthwhile (I am now in Switzerland skiing with some snow bunnies... really I am) :P

I figure look at this as an opportunity. Think positively :)
There are now no rules.
The slate is clean.
You can create rules in a vision true to how you feel about them. You can use the experience you gained from your initial work, and apply your recent work and toss in some creative brain-juice.

As I said in a previous post, To whomever embarks upon such a project. I wish the best of luck :)
I have no doubt the Heroclix community will support you in this endeavor.

Take care, and for goodness sake, get some sleep, in less than 11 hours Campaign Day 3 begins :D :D :D

Oh absolutely!
I was just clearing the air man, and expressing my feelings on the matter.

Unfortunately I am doing wedding stuffs today and cannot make it to the latest installment.

I do greatly appreciate your not reading hostility into my comments D.
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:26 am

The end result of all of this is that I have removed myself from all involvement in the Campaign Documents.

I have ensured that various parties have access to them, and have given Theo my full support in having them hosted on these forums if anyone requests.

BUT, I have also made (what I hope were) polite requests to Theo and Hartley directly and I am repeating it here so that everyone may be witness.

I will STFU about the POW! Campaign, and any other Campaigns that do not directly involve me.

I endorse the posting of documents produced by myself (based on the works of Daemon via Manny, with massive input from many in the local HC community) as long as the personal attacks stop here and now.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby Answerman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Evan this entire thread would not be here if you had not read hostility where the was none.

You attacked me.
I did my best to take your feelings into account and start fresh.
You attacked me again.

Then I retaliated.

So if you can be civil, we can all move on and forget about this crap.
But you don't get to cry victim here after interrupting my involvement with the POW! campaign time and again.

For someone claiming that everyone should STFU, you just (once again) need to take your own advice.

And just to be clear: I never once claimed to loathe the campaign rules, nor did anyone else.
The point at which this all came to be I was discussing Rip Hunter and stated clearly "I'm okay with that".

You just just chose to read hostility where there was absolutely none.
Suggesting that things can be simplified and opened up is not an act of hostility, and never needed to be treated as such.
It just appears that you were too emotionally attached to the work and took any comment that appeared contradictory to what you had done as adversarial.
And that was never my intention at all, like I'd stated in the link you provided my intention was never anything more than to help move things to a place where as many people are enjoying campaign play as possible and in as easy and satisfying way as possible.

Indeed I did (and do really) feel that the campaign rules as they stood had failed to satisfy me personally, and had gravitated away from the game I love to play.

I did, and do appreciate the work you put into the Campaign.
I feel its just a giant shame that rather than take my opinion and either ignore it or incorporated it you just became emotional.

I understand why you did, and I am truly sorry that I inadvertently caused you so much grief.
Again, it was never anything at all I was shooting for and I was keeping the vast majority of my comments to the POW! campaign.

I'll apologize again for upsetting you when I expressed my opinion when you suggested the lay-away notion.

It was a solid idea, but it just seemed like you were taking what I was already doing with the JLA and Superman/Martian Manhunter and adding a level of complexity that was unneeded.
And I make that statement from the stand point of having played and playtested the team in question with no sign of it being unbalanced.

But I'm probably risking making matter worse by explaining myself so I'll take the STFU request and engage.
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Life is good, let us all be thankful for being alive and healthy and not living in a poopy environment....a general statement intended to alleviate any concerns about the weirdness of the last few months.
Last word had...omg my keyboard just went francophone :( :(
Last edited by number6 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 pm

I was wondering who was going to insist on getting the last word. :D
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby radone » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:38 pm

From an angle the E with an accent over it looks like a thumbs up. Oops you edited it out.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby number6 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 pm

radone wrote:From an angle the E with an accent over it looks like a thumbs up. Oops you edited it out.

I have nothing untoward the Le Francais, but all them accents confuse my ignorant Albertan self ;) :P
My apologies for editing them out, je le apprecitely!!
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Answerman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:32 am

Oopsy!
Accidentally hit "quote" when I meant to hit "Edit", and fix and spelling error I noticed!
I wasn't trying to get in a last word or anything I swear!

But I will say that I appreciate the positivity and humor!
All is indeed well!
Last edited by Answerman on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby leg1on » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am

number6 wrote:Life is good, let us all be thankful for being alive and healthy and not living in a poopy environment....a general statement intended to alleviate any concerns about the weirdness of the last few months.
Last word had...omg my keyboard just went francophone :( :(

Holy crap, Dude! That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen online! I kid you not.
leg1on
Unique
Unique

Previous

Return to Take It Outside