Team Rosters - Disscussion

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby radone » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Tofer wrote:
radone wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:
switch21 wrote:Thank you Leo for proving it again. :)

Thank you sir, for reiterating my point. :D :D :D

I would like to thank you all for keeping this forum active.

I would like to thank you all for continuing to breathe... :lol:

I am holding my breath while typing this
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby Tofer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 pm

radone wrote:
I am holding my breath while typing this

As long as that's all you're holding!

(yeah, I went there!)
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby undead1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Sorry, I have not had a chance to read this post. I will be doing some research on this team. and then I will post a final list.

Black Hand will be the compulsary leader of this team, who will get the team ability for free.

Black Lantern TEAM ABILITY
- Give a character, with this team ability, a close combat attack or ranged combat attack. If the result of this attack results in the KO of an opponent character, heal all characters with this team ability for one click of health. You can only use this ability in this fashion, once per controlling player's turn.
- (Non-optional) - If any character with this team ability are KO'ed (by an opposing attack), all characters with this team ability suffer an unavoidable damage.

Still needs to be refined, however I might make all members of this team start with the team ability.

Manny
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby number6 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:39 pm

(Non-optional) - If any character with this team ability are KO'ed (by an opposing attack), all characters with this team ability suffer an unavoidable damage.

I think I can hear the silent groans of pain on this.
Some players, especially less skilled ones will find this pretty devastating.
I know I'll exploit the shit out of it by going after weaker figures to damage more powerful ones ;)

If there has to be some 'feedback' of negativeness, maybe something less painful, like a token for figures that are tokenless?
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Perhaps Manny meant to type:
(Non-optional) - Once per round, if any character with this team ability are KO'ed by an opposing attack, all friendly characters with this team symbol suffer one unavoidable damage.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby number6 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:41 pm

I can still use it to my advantage ;) ;) :twisted: :twisted:
I really hope they play some pogs, it will make my defeating them much easier :P :P
"Zoooommmmmmm SMACK" = whole team takes damage...
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:14 pm

number6 wrote:I really hope they play some pogs, it will make my defeating them much easier :P :P

Bonus points for the first person to figure out why Daemon's logic is faulty.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby number6 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 pm

oh me oh me

THe Black Lanterns:

Sue Dibny (bystander)

They are releasing a Sue Dibny figure in the newest marvel set?
Or is it that she will be omitted from the team to avoid this potential abuse?

It's ok, I'm sure perplexed Prof Zoom will be able to smoke a regular figure that lacks dmg reducers for 6 to 8 damage and then subsequently hurt everybody else on the opposing team. Muhahahaha MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! oh the tears of my opponent will bring me joy :twisted: :twisted:
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 pm

number6 wrote:They are releasing a Sue Dibny figure in the newest marvel set?
Or is it that she will be omitted from the team to avoid this potential abuse?

Wow, he writes the rules and then forgets them ...

Core Rules, Page 4 wrote:Bystander tokens can not buy team symbols.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby number6 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 pm

I realized the answer after the post, I will try harder next time to remember word for word that which I wrote over 3 years ago ;) ;)

The importance sentence is the last one ;) :D

Feel free to be defensive on the topic. I know I've done it very often :D

The real / best test is in the field.
Test A: Will someone play a team with a TA that potentially hurts them more than it benefits them.
Test B: If someone tries it out, what will they say about it.
Test C: How will it be potentially exploited when in play.

Test A will be the obvious tell imo. If it goes to Test B / C then it is all a matter of if they are powergamers or if they face powergamers :twisted:
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Yeah, just yanking your chain Daemon.

It does seem fairly harsh, but Manny is evil. :D
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby donveersingh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:26 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:
number6 wrote:I really hope they play some pogs, it will make my defeating them much easier :P :P

Bonus points for the first person to figure out why Daemon's logic is faulty.

Pogs can't be given TAs
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby number6 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh great, now Don gets bonus points :(
Stupid big Daikini.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby undead1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 am

First thing: Evan is right. It was supposed to be once per round for the nonoptional damage thing.
Second thing: All the characters on this team might start with this team ability as they are all dead.

Still might need some revision.
Manny
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby Skillator » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 am

Thank you Manny for effectively side-stepping a potential catastrophic lack of fun on the part of Black Lantern opponents.
The moment that list went up, I was nervous and as the team ability discussion went on, I was just about ready to withdraw my name from the list of players. I mean seriously, all vets with healing and no disadvantages? No thank you.
The thing we need to keep in mind with the campaign is that heroclix is already broken and we're trying to work with its jagged shards. A single 70 point figure from a new set can easily take down an entire 300 point team of old figures because he has some ridiculous special power. There are teams who are naturally at huge disadvantages in this game and I humbly request that you all keep that in mind. I understand that it is exciting to create a winning team and fill out your roster with all-kinds of whoop-ass but I can't imagine I'm the only person who enjoys the excitement of a truly close fight.
If we truly are all friends here, team building should not be about "nastiness" it should be about what will be fun to play and EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT: what will be fun to play against.
I hope that someone does play the Black Lanterns and cringes every time his team take damage the same way his opponent with rookie Puppet Master cringes every time Puppet Master takes 2 clix for mind controlling Earth 2 Superman.
It's Little Dave!
Skillator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby rancidtwinkie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 am

Skillator wrote:Thank you Manny for effectively side-stepping a potential catastrophic lack of fun on the part of Black Lantern opponents.

I mean seriously, all vets with healing and no disadvantages? No thank you.

The thing we need to keep in mind with the campaign is that heroclix is already broken and we're trying to work with its jagged shards.

There are teams who are naturally at huge disadvantages in this game and I humbly request that you all keep that in mind. I understand that it is exciting to create a winning team and fill out your roster with all-kinds of whoop-ass but I can't imagine I'm the only person who enjoys the excitement of a truly close fight.
If we truly are all friends here, team building should not be about "nastiness" it should be about what will be fun to play and EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT: what will be fun to play against.
I hope that someone does play the Black Lanterns and cringes every time his team take damage the same way his opponent with rookie Puppet Master cringes every time Puppet Master takes 2 clix for mind controlling Earth 2 Superman.

QFT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby radone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Well said Skillator. I figured once per turn would be the way to go with the damage for a character being KO'd. Could you imagine if you had 2 or 3 pogs on your team (with the TA) and it wasn't once per turn. OK i Ko pog #1 every one on your team takes a damage. Oh look Pog #2 an pog #3 all took damage. looks like everyone takes 2 more. Oh that Ko'd some one else everyone take another........
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Captain Quiz again ... :D

What is the logic error in the first statement, based on the second? (Hints provided.)

radone wrote:OK i Ko pog #1 every one on your team takes a damage. Oh look Pog #2 an pog #3 all took damage. looks like everyone takes 2 more. Oh that Ko'd some one else everyone take another........

(Non-optional) - Once per round, if any character with this team ability are KO'ed by an opposing attack, all friendly characters with this team symbol suffer one unavoidable damage.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby number6 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey Captain Quiz, it is Major Posts-Dissection Dude who has a query for you! :P :P

So, previously outlining in brief how the current TA as posted allows a highly mobile and effective opposing team the ability to beat the snot out of the BLC by incurring extra damage to the whole team.

Can you (or anyone) outline how the current TA as posted would allow the BLC to beat the snot out of an opposing team, and what kinds of teams it could prey on?
A complex question ... maybe, but I can surmise one method :D

Let's use discourse to deconstruct and look for holes / chinks to the TA to possibly determine what works best :D :D :D
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 pm

number6 wrote:Hey Captain Quiz, it is Major Posts-Dissection Dude who has a query for you! :P :P

So, previously outlining in brief how the current TA as posted allows a highly mobile and effective opposing team the ability to beat the snot out of the BLC by incurring extra damage to the whole team.

Can you (or anyone) outline how the current TA as posted would allow the BLC to beat the snot out of an opposing team, and what kinds of teams it could prey on?
A complex question ... maybe, but I can surmise one method :D

Let's use discourse to deconstruct and look for holes / chinks to the TA to possibly determine what works best :D :D :D

It could really exploit a team that has to play pogs (GLC or Superman Ally) by having alot of healing.
radone
Unique
Unique

PreviousNext

Return to Imperial Campaign