Team Rosters - Disscussion

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

Re: Black Lanterns

Postby switch21 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:39 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:So, you are going to play this version - the original one Manny posted? :lol:

Argh. Now look what you started with Rob :) :P

Nope. I'm playing what I most recently posted, which includes a version of Kal-L and Pyscho Pirate in my core team. Everything else is according to the list you have posted Evan, including the TA. BTW, I must purchase the Team Symbol (and thus, the TA) for everyone yeah? Figs with existing TAs have the printed one until I buy my BL TA... that's my assumption and would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: Team Rosters - Disscussion

Postby MetroForce » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

your confused
Easrth 2 superman was solicited early and used during the teasers but didnt show up till issue 1 of bnsupes which takes place after issue 2 and during issue 3.chronologically his appearance is sympatico with copperhead and alex luthor. solomon was a black lantern before any rose if you read his books. it was considereed a prelude to bn. psycho pirate in bn superman issue 2 which is set after issue 3of the main blackest night series.

at this point most of the lanterns have risen so psycho pirate on the backend of tier 2 is totally accurate

if you wan t comic accuracy then you shouldbnt even get superman since he was only in 2 issues and didnt do much of anything. much like the top. definatly not a focal point like hawkman or martian manhunter or even max lord.human bomb was the 40's version. the clix version is the recent one. not even the same color. superman 0prime wasnt a black lantern. and olliver queen is on the list. wonder woman, kal el, and the rest of the alive bl's were left off cause they weren't really a contributing factor in the comics. they were a shock tactic of woooh look who's now evil.

gl's were left out because this was supposed to be the earth bound black lanterns. also i would suspect due to a rounded out fair team. which i know doesnt sit well with you

because of some discrepencies with the first list their was a a second team drafted to which you still can't abide by. why?
lol im startin with a ic version of wolverine and spiderman. startin defenses of 14.

if brent gets to start with a team of tier 2 figs then we should all be able to.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DaeRave » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Man what a hassle, if it was me I wouldnt even bother trying to play that team.
Brent, quick, before its too late! Play that Iron Man villains team number6 was going to play! Make Metro look like an asshole and play the shittiest team possible.
Check out my custom Heroclix maps!
http://daerave.deviantart.com/gallery/26560165
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 am

Okay, so I should be sleeping by now, but I've spent the last two hours trying out different team possibilities, cause I'm getting pissed.

BTW, a starting Guardians of the Galaxy team could look like this:
    Adam Warlock (61) Leadership/Taxi
    Bug (44) EW, L/C
    Star-Lord (90) JUST FREAKING AWESOME!! FEAR HIM!!! 8range
    Rocket Raccoon (65) Prob, OW, L/C, RunShot, 8range
    Yondu (53) 3DMG RunShot, 8range
    Mantis (35) L/C, CCE, EW
    Aleta (51) L/C, TK, Barrier, RCE 8range
    Total (399)

Oh and did I mention that they can't have their powers outwitted??

Yeah, my team's broken. I would love to play the GotG soon, as well as X-Factor (how do 20 Madrii suit you? that's a dumpload of perplex), as well as Loki's Minions (another team with some crappy core members).

I almost switched out because I didn't think I'd have fun with the Black Lanterns anymore.

But then I realized that you're the only one bitchin Metro, so shut up. How's about that? You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm the one playing the team and if you need to control the Black Lanterns, play em next time. :D
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 am

why cant you play tier1 and use psycho pirate and supes day 2 or 3? because its a sembelence of fair ?
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DaeRave » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 am

switch21 wrote:Okay, so I should be sleeping by now, but I've spent the last two hours trying out different team possibilities, cause I'm getting pissed.

BTW, a starting Guardians of the Galaxy team could look like this:
    Adam Warlock (61) Leadership/Taxi
    Bug (44) EW, L/C
    Star-Lord (90) JUST FREAKING AWESOME!! FEAR HIM!!! 8range
    Rocket Raccoon (65) Prob, OW, L/C, RunShot, 8range
    Yondu (53) 3DMG RunShot, 8range
    Mantis (35) L/C, CCE, EW
    Aleta (51) L/C, TK, Barrier, RCE 8range
    Total (399)

Oh and did I mention that they can't have their powers outwitted??

Yeah, my team's broken. I would love to play the GotG soon, as well as X-Factor (how do 20 Madrii suit you? that's a dumpload of perplex), as well as Loki's Minions (another team with some crappy core members).

I almost switched out because I didn't think I'd have fun with the Black Lanterns anymore.

But then I realized that you're the only one bitchin Metro, so shut up. How's about that? You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm the one playing the team and if you need to control the Black Lanterns, play em next time. :D

I just played that team last campaign, awesome.
Get Moondragon ASAP.
Check out my custom Heroclix maps!
http://daerave.deviantart.com/gallery/26560165
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby donveersingh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Why don't you use Evan's listing as written like everyone else is? It works just fine.

Also, in the Asgardian listing, it says Fandral is a core member but he is 101 pts. Is that a mistake? I will assume so.
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby undead1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am

Don, Go ahead. Only 3 days until day1. No time to change.
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby switch21 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:55 am

mix up.
Last edited by switch21 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:58 am

mix up pt 2 (thought I was writing a pm) :oops:
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 am

donveersingh wrote:Also, in the Asgardian listing, it says Fandral is a core member but he is 101 pts. Is that a mistake? I will assume so.

• Initial team figures must be Level 1 Core Members. This is generally figures under 100 points, but for some teams or figures there is slight flexibility.

Fandral is Core on the Asguardian team because not everyone can get a Frog Thor, so figures needed to be made available to have options for a Core Team. He is brutal (consistent AV/DV, Flurry into BCF, Outwit), but not outrageous (no RS/Charge).

This team suffers slightly less than Team Superman for lack lack of Spackle (low-point fillers), but will still likely have problems covering the field and playing under built.

The team has only two Core options for Carry (Sif and Thor Girl) and doesn't get many more. Other than Thor Reigning ( :lol: ), they don't have TK.

Also as Oz pointed out in a PM, Thor Corps, like the Amazons, don't get mook actions and have to pay VPS for the 'free move' TA on their Minions. This was intentional.

So (now that you have some insight into my thought processes on team building), a 101 point figure with no Move/Attack powers is OK on the Core team.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby donveersingh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:03 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:
donveersingh wrote:Also, in the Asgardian listing, it says Fandral is a core member but he is 101 pts. Is that a mistake? I will assume so.

• Initial team figures must be Level 1 Core Members. This is generally figures under 100 points, but for some teams or figures there is slight flexibility.

Fandral is Core on the Asguardian team because not everyone can get a Frog Thor, so figures needed to be made available to have options for a Core Team. He is brutal (consistent AV/DV, Flurry into BCF, Outwit), but not outrageous (no RS/Charge).

This team suffers slightly less than Team Superman for lack lack of Spackle (low-point fillers), but will still likely have problems covering the field and playing under built.

The team has only two Core options for Carry (Sif and Thor Girl) and doesn't get many more. Other than Thor Reigning ( :lol: ), they don't have TK.

Also as Oz pointed out in a PM, Thor Corps, like the Amazons, don't get mook actions and have to pay VPS for the 'free move' TA on their Minions. This was intentional.

So (now that you have some insight into my thought processes on team building), a 101 point figure with no Move/Attack powers is OK on the Core team.

I have 14 asgardian warriors and 14 valkyries. I will never be lacking in lowpoint fillers who are awesome. Not only that but the valkyries are supporting taxis.
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby switch21 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 pm

I agree with Don in that the Thor Corps team has plenty of taxis and plenty of great low pointers....
that said, filling a team with those figs is likely to leave you short on actions in campaign without mook actions.

Good trade off?? We'll see.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:47 am

switch21 wrote:I agree with Don in that the Thor Corps team has plenty of taxis and plenty of great low pointers....
that said, filling a team with those figs is likely to leave you short on actions in campaign without mook actions.

Good trade off?? We'll see.

I might not be that big of a deal with the way leadership works. Plus most of the figures on the Thor Corp are high pointers.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 am

donveersingh wrote: Not only that but the valkyries are supporting taxis.

HOLY CARP!!! I gots to learnz to read! Yeoch!

OK, will be keeping an eye on those teams for possible revision to limit the number that can be fielded if it become redonculous.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby MetroForce » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 pm

heh and if any one can max it out towards rediculous don's the man home boy.

I thought manhunter was on blac lanterns core team myself otherwise i wouldnt have made a fuss bout brent brent using supes on the core. sorry brent.

if you look at the dials rookie manhunter is way crappier compared to the origins superman. so i dont think anyone would gice any guff if he used mm on the core team. but if its the 100 pointer then by all righs uses e2 supes but uh , yeah, mm would be better both "comic accuracy" wise and herolcix campaign fairness wise than e2 pooperman.

What do you think of the Superman clix from justice league representin level 3 for e2? To me it makes sense as the self sacrifice part of the dial is exactly what e2 did durint the 2 crises he was in. the first one he lived but the second time he died cause of the self sacricie plus you know... black lanterns rise from the dead
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:17 pm

donveersingh wrote: I have 14 asgardian warriors and 14 valkyries. I will never be lacking in lowpoint fillers who are awesome. Not only that but the valkyries are supporting taxis.

Hey Don, play it as it is written now - but would this make sense (comic wise)?

SR Valkyries can be recruited as Multiples, with a maximum of one per Asgardian member over 80 points KO’d previously.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Previous

Return to Imperial Campaign