Imperial Campaign 6.5 Sneak Peeks

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

Imperial Campaign 6.5 Sneak Peeks

Postby undead1 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

This campaign will be featuring a couple of new concepts.

1. There will be the secret missions/alternative agendas, which will be handed out, and they would happen during any normal scenario. An example could be like the scenario calls for a "king of the hill" type stategy, however you might have a secret mission to go and KO a specific character. This secret mission would have its own reward.
2. Map specific battlefield conditions. If you end up playing on any particular map, say central park, it could always be raining regardless of the scenario.
3. Thematic specific feats, based on your hero / villain alinement.
4. Throughout this campaign, there will be encounters with the final villains, minions.

More stuff to come. Hope you have fun.

2 days to go.

All Ready (I Hope)

Sneak Peak1 - Map Specific Battlefield Conditions

Junkyard Map - "WHAT A MESS" - Rip it up is in effect for all characters with Super Strength or Telekinesis.

Crystal Lake Map - "FRIDAY THE 13th, PART 6" - On this map, there are two special objects - Jason's Machete and Freddy's Claw. Any character can use these objects and must treat damage dealt as BCF with Exploit. If you roll 1 on the dice roll for BCF, then that respective character shows up to reclaim his weapon. This character is treated as part of the opposing player's team and are immune to powers and abilities.

Alien Crash Site - "BACKGROUND RADIATION" - Whenever an attack is made, if the attack roll yields any 1's, the attacker takes an additional click of damage in addition to any critical miss damage. If the roll yields any 6's, the target takes an additional click of damage in addition to any critical hit damage. This damage is unavoidable and is applied regardless of the success of the roll.

Sneak Peak2 - Special Feats

"AGGRESSIVE JUSTICE" - 15pt (Hero Ldr or Lt) At the beginning of the game, place 3 tokens on this card. Before each round, you must select a character on the villain team. You MUST declare openly and obviously that you are going to "get that guy". All attacks against that character gain a "X" bonus to the attac, where "X" is the number of successful previous attacks that turn. If you miss "that guy", remove a token. Remove card if there are no tokens left.

"EVIL" - 10pts (Pre-req: 3 dmg somewhere) Give this character an attack. You can add up to x points to any combat value or combination (max 3). At the end of the attack, roll a d6. If you missd, then add 2 to your roll. If your roll equal or greater than 6, then you are struck down by "x" unavoidable damage.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CAMPAIGNING STARTS AT 12:00.
Please have your team ready to go. There will be a bonus scenario, starting at 12:05, so please be here on time.
I hoping to be done at 3:15 if possible.

I will be at Imperial by 11:00 to set up. If there are any questions, please come early.
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
undead1
Unique
Unique

Re: Imperial Campaign 6.5 Sneak Peeks

Postby switch21 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Can't wait. Black Lanterns can always play in the rain. :)
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri May 28, 2010 1:12 pm

"League of Assassin? Yeah, you can find them down that dark, cluttered alley in the Lab." :lol:
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby undead1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:59 pm

updated

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby undead1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 pm

updated

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby ozmosis » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I can't wait to slap EVIL on Ares and his 14AV on his top click.
The only thing that could stop him is my dreaded "Imperial Hobbies!!!!!" roll!

Woo Haa Haa!!
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
-Jules Winnfield
ozmosis
Experienced
Experienced

Postby rancidtwinkie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:47 pm

undead1 wrote:"AGGRESSIVE JUSTICE" If you miss "that guy", remove a token. Remove card if there are no tokens left.

"EVIL" At the end of the attack, roll a d6 and add 3 to the roll if you missed.

Does a not hitting due to Super Senses or a similar effect constitute a 'miss' for these feats?
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby undead1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Only applies if you roll a miss

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby radone » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 pm

undead1 wrote:Sneak Peak2 - Special Feats

"AGGRESSIVE JUSTICE" - 15pt (Hero Ldr or Lt) At the beginning of the game, place 3 tokens on this card. Before each round, you must select a character on the villain team. You MUST declare openly and obviously that you are going to "get that guy". All attacks against that character gain a "X" bonus to the attac, where "X" is the number of successful previous attacks that turn. If you miss "that guy", remove a token. Remove card if there are no tokens left.

Is it all successful attacks that turn or just successful attacks against "that guy"?
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby undead1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 pm

The way it works.
Superman is that guy.

1st guy. Luthor attacks Supes. Gets no bonus. Hits successfully
2nd guy. Parasite attacks Supes. Gets+1 bonus. Also hits successfully.
3rd guy. Toyman attacks Supes. Gets +2 bonus. Misses. Losses a token
4th guy. Doomsday attacks Supes with a Flurry. 1st attack gets +2 bonus. Hits!!
Doomsday attacks Supes with 2nd Flurry attack. Gets +3 bonus. etc

Rule of three blah blah blah

Hope this clears it up.

Now you have to earn this feat.

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:33 pm

"EVIL" - 10pts (Pre-req: 3 dmg somewhere) Give this character an attack. You can add up to x points to any combat value or combination (max 6). At the end of the attack, roll a d6 and add 3 to the roll if you missed. Subtract 2 from the roll if you succeeded. If you roll equal or greater than "x", then you are struck down by "x" unavoidable damage.

not really understanding this one...I understand "Aggressive Justice"...for "EVIL", what is x points? I'm guessing the rule of 3 still applies to any combat value or combination...

if x = 6, and the attack succeeds...you roll a d6 and subtract 2 from the roll, it will always be lower than 6, thus the character never gets damage (if I'm reading the feat right)...can you please clarify?
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby undead1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:56 pm

In EVIL - "X" can be any number you choose. If you choose to use it sparingly, then it can be relatively safe. If you are greedy, then it could blow up in your own face.

Say you pick "3"

Scenario 1 - You hit. You roll 4 on your d6. No damage

Scenario 2 - You miss. You roll 4 again. So 4 PLUS 2 (penalty for missing) = 6 (equals/greater than 6). Ouch!!!

Yes, you are still governed by the rule of three. However an "X" of 3 could be split into 2 to attack and 1 to damage.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE ARE BONUS FEATS. THEY WONT BE IN PLAY UNTIL YOU COMPLETE ONE OF MY SECRET MISSIONS. Might be a little confusing in the beginning but everything will make sense as time goes on.

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby undead1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 am

"Evil" has been modified so it isnt so evil. I think it is easier to understand.
In brief, "x" is your choice. You take "x" unavoidable damage if you roll a 6 (if you hit) or 4-6 (if you miss).

undead1
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:08 am

undead1 wrote:"Evil" has been modified so it isnt so evil. I think it is easier to understand.
In brief, "x" is your choice. You take "x" unavoidable damage if you roll a 6 (if you hit) or 4-6 (if you miss).

no more +2 to you d6 roll if you miss? discription at very top post still has this.
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:26 am

d'epster wrote:
undead1 wrote:"Evil" has been modified so it isnt so evil. I think it is easier to understand.

no more +2 to you d6 roll if you miss? discription at very top post still has this.

The equation is the same.

If you miss, add +2. Therefore, you take damage on a 4 to 6 (4+2=6)
If you hit, you only take damage on 6
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:06 am

Tofer wrote:
d'epster wrote:

The equation is the same.

If you miss, add +2. Therefore, you take damage on a 4 to 6 (4+2=6)
If you hit, you only take damage on 6

oh right...thought it was still compared to x but 6 works as well...sorry
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Imperial Campaign