CAPES! RULES FAQ

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:"Having now played a handful of games with the Snowman rules, I would like to suggest a rule tweak for the benefit of all archetypes: Sacrifice a click of life gained to increase the value of one stat above its archetype's cap."


This might warrant further discussion, as per the following forked thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2628
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Drexoll Games

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby LionKingXXVII » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 pm

DarkestThicket wrote: ... and one hero (you can fight over it) gets +1 Research. The choice does not necessarily have to be made now. You can hold off on assigning it until whenever you want...


Does said RESEARCH point give you one FEAT? So the character who gets this point is allowed one FEAT? I'm unclear as to how many points we need to get a feat or are these points used for something else altogether? I is cofused! :roll:

DarkestThicket wrote:...Question: So I have a small question...can we only expand from where we have control? Or are we able to hit any place we want? Or is it the third option....where you give us choices as to where we are allowed to go again?

Answer: From now on you can go anywhere on the map. The only detriment to doing so is if your turf is invaded you won't be able to defend it unless it's attached to your turf. If the heroes on their next turf war attack UBC and the villains try and assault South Cambie the heroes will not be able to return to defend their turf and must rely on their mooks to defend it (unless you have the vehicle turf).


So does this mean that in any territory that is attached to our turf we are able to defend it if it's attached to any part of our "original" turf?

EXAMPLE #1:
Heroes own South Cambie, Oakridge, and South Granville. (All attached to one another) If the Villains attack in any of those areas Heroes can defend, correct?

EXAMPLE #2:
Does it mean that if Heroes owned Hastings East (not attached to South Cambie, Oakridge, or South Granville), that the Villains could attack it (Hastings East) without fear of the Heroes defending the turf?
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 pm

5 Research points can be spend to get one feat for one character. I hadn't figured out a system to distribute the research points so it's up to the heroes to figure it out between them. (mwa ha ha ha).

LionKingXXVII wrote:So does this mean that in any territory that is attached to our turf we are able to defend it if it's attached to any part of our "original" turf?

EXAMPLE #1:
Heroes own South Cambie, Oakridge, and South Granville. (All attached to one another) If the Villains attack in any of those areas Heroes can defend, correct?

EXAMPLE #2:
Does it mean that if Heroes owned Hastings East (not attached to South Cambie, Oakridge, or South Granville), that the Villains could attack it (Hastings East) without fear of the Heroes defending the turf?


Example #1 works if the turf you're fighting on is attached to the mentioned turf. Say hypothetically you decide to go after Marpole for the cars, it is attached to the three souths, should the villains decide at the same time to attack South Cambie you can defend it as well because Marpole and South Cambie are attached.

Example #2 The Heroes can only defend Hastings East if they're turf warring Hastings or Renfrew at the same time as the villains assault Hastings East.
User avatar
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2048
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Richmond

RotD Day 6

Postby rancidtwinkie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

What the heck does RotD stand for? Anyone?

Image


Please check your team sheets and PM any updates: http://members.shaw.ca/rancidtwinkie/RotD/CampaignSheet.htm

And either PM or write it down on Campaign Day:
Which one team would your team ally with?
Which one team does your team consider the vilest of foes?


Please reference a Campaign team currently being run, and the reason (which can either be from comic story lines or Campaign events).
Pairings for the Finale will be influenced by these.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby Tofer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:What the heck does RotD stand for? Anyone?


Judging by the picture in both the foreground AND the background, combined with my limited knowledge of Hellboy fluff:

Return of the Dragon(s)

LINK (ish)
Getting Rich Quick!
User avatar
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:27 pm
Location: Delta

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby LionKingXXVII » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Tofer wrote:
rancidtwinkie wrote:What the heck does RotD stand for? Anyone?


Judging by the picture in both the foreground AND the background, combined with my limited knowledge of Hellboy fluff:

Return of the Dragon(s)

LINK (ish)



*** THUMBS UP ***

Me thinks Oakley has it...but I'm pretty sure he would have had it of day one like any of the other Hellboy fans. :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Rise of two Dagons!
User avatar
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2048
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Richmond

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby rancidtwinkie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Tofer wrote:
rancidtwinkie wrote:What the heck does RotD stand for? Anyone?


Judging by the picture in both the foreground AND the background, combined with my limited knowledge of Hellboy fluff:

Return of the Dragon(s)

LINK (ish)


We shall just call that the Teaser for Day 7. :wink:
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

We need a d8 for every map for one of the scenarios, but I only have 5. Can anyone who has any bring one for themselves.

Thanks,
See ya Saturday.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby Danark » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 pm

I can bring some!
---Sublimely Focused Frenzy---
User avatar
Danark
Experienced
Experienced
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby undead1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Not a problem. I will bring some too.

Are we roll to hit with d8's now? So much for those high defense guys.
Campaign 10 "I will Crush You"

Coming Soon to the new Imperial Hobbies location.
User avatar
undead1
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Richmond

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby depster » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:03 am

undead1 wrote:Not a problem. I will bring some too.

Are we roll to hit with d8's now? So much for those high defense guys.


not if we only only use one d8...lower defense benefits and higher defenses really benefits...
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby number6 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks for running the event Evan :D

Thankfully Leo used some good Statemagee on me and trounced my team to release the egg.... actually we both wanted to release the egg so good times :D I also really liked the twist of "looking into the mirror" that the last scenario provided.
I wonder if the totals end up meaning something???

Evan, I'm ok with not being able to Maneuver the Egg ( :P it was assumed), but in the FINALE. please do not take away the steam / theme of my team ;) I only want to break the FINALE by moving colassal figures about the board with impunity :twisted: :P (teehee).
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:54 pm

number6 wrote:Thanks for running the event Evan :D

Thankfully Leo used some good Statemagee on me and trounced my team to release the egg.... actually we both wanted to release the egg so good times :D I also really liked the twist of "looking into the mirror" that the last scenario provided.
I wonder if the totals end up meaning something???

Evan, I'm ok with not being able to Maneuver the Egg ( :P it was assumed), but in the FINALE. please do not take away the steam / theme of my team ;) I only want to break the FINALE by moving colassal figures about the board with impunity :twisted: :P (teehee).


I had great fun...sorry for using STRATEGRY D-mon. I raelly have to do it with my team. If I don't we tend to get trounced...like last time our two teams met. :( :( :(

I was also VERY glad to see the mirror...it was so cool to hit yourself then get beat by yourself. Made for some good dice rolling fun with D-mon. :D :D :D

That last bit about D-mon's idea for breaking the FINALE should be allowed...maybe I will get Maneuver for my entire team!!! YES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby MetroForce » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 am

me and dae rave spent most the time killin one another in the last scenerio. which is to be expected from us uber testosteroned
User avatar
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: KAMLOOPS

Re: RotD Day 6

Postby DaeRave » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm

MetroForce wrote:me and dae rave spent most the time killin one another in the last scenerio. which is to be expected from us uber testosteroned


Y'wanna see the new Ultron taken down faster then Lian Harper? Go base him next to Stardust, Gamora & Firelord w/Elite Sniper.
:D
Check out my custom Heroclix maps!
http://daerave.deviantart.com/gallery/26560165
User avatar
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Nowhere near Vancouver

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby switch21 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Other than breaking the stat cap and qualifying for a restricted power, what can we do with the new clix?

Do we have to add that click, or can we trade it for +2 stats or something like that?

I'm just looking for other options, cause I don't plan to break the cap (yet) and have no restricted powers to buy (too expensive).
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby LionKingXXVII » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm

switch21 wrote:Other than breaking the stat cap and qualifying for a restricted power, what can we do with the new clix?

Do we have to add that click, or can we trade it for +2 stats or something like that?

I'm just looking for other options, cause I don't plan to break the cap (yet) and have no restricted powers to buy (too expensive).

You can put it into ANY slot along your dial that you want. That's what you can do with the extra click. Enjoy! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Drexoll Games

Previous

Return to Imperial Campaign

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron