CAPES! RULES FAQ

Moderators: undead1, rancidtwinkie

CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby Tofer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:00 am

I thought I should start one, since rules questions will inevitably come up!

Speaking of...

Snowman Guru: In the pre-campaign, we earned the following upgrades, IIRC:

+1 click of life (stats TBA)
+1 to any stat on any click of your dial, including the first
+2 Build Points (BP) for participating in the scenario
+2 BP per token your character returned to his starting area

Correct?
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: CAPES! RULES FAQ

Postby ozmosis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Bonuses? Nobody said anything about bonuses! When is the pre-campaign catch up date!
I am so ready to take over my old stomping grounds of Renfrew and Renfrew Heights!
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
-Jules Winnfield
ozmosis
Experienced
Experienced

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 pm

It was actually +1 BP per token returned, thus if you rescued/liberated 2 tokens you got 2 BP.
In addition consulting my file on my work computer the earned click is: 7/7/15/1

Otherwise you got it right Oakley.

As far as campaign catchup I can't really run any more than I am. Since you're all working as a team it shouldn't be that unbalancing if people miss things. There are also NPC's that can be utilized as necessary if too many villains or heroes show up one day.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Also the hand book has been updated to include the cost of increasing range, targets and the earned click stats. Range and targets are counted as last half of the dial hence can be purchased with BP.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Also since you're all supposed to have the same origin (I'll be posting a "newspaper" article later regarding this) everyone that participates in the campaign will have the same clicks and stat bonuses, they just won't get the earned bonus stuff. Thus Oz and Danark and LD will all have the extra click and +1 stat to put wherever they want. Just less build points for powers.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 pm

I promise to post my character's origin shortly so stay tuned!!! Might just keep it to my own forums though. ;)
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 am

QUESTION: When spending BPs, can you updgrade TWO different powers to become one single power?

E.G. Shapeshifter has Leap/Climb (MOVE; 2 BPs for Secondary) and Shape Change (DMG; 2 BPs for Primary); can he spend 1 BP to upgrade BOTH powers to Stealth (MOVE; 5 BPs for Primary), and remove Leap & S/C?

Does 2+2+1 = 5 for this?
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Sure!
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:20 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:Sure!

w00t! Than I will post my updated character soon.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 am

Amending Bricks to have no range at all.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am

Also as I'm creating my NPC's I noticed that (for instance) on the Leader archetype the earned click exceeds the cap. As such consider the click for leaders to be 6/8/15/1 instead of 7/7/15/1.

Also someone asked about Steal Energy, it's going to be the same as the PAC
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:Amending Bricks to have no range at all.

Okay so now that we don't have ANY range at all. Any chance Bricks could get Invulnerability as a power? Maybe later when they have earned X number of clicks?

sincerely,
The Flying Blue Rabbit
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:07 am

Do you mean impervious? Bricks have invuln as a secondary power.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry...my brain wasn't woHypersonic speed is definitely the MOST overpowered "power" available in Heroclix. The BEST is Probability Control. You allow those abilities...maybe we can have Impervious?

Maybe we could make Invulnerability Primary and Impervious Secondary?
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby DarkestThicket » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Moved to Imperial Campaigns so that people can read, be tantalized and join! PM me for more details.

In response to getting Impervious Leo I'll probably do something later in the game where you get it for a reduced cost.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Sweet...I totally down with that. Impervious isn't broken...the only power that I think is broken is HSS and Outwit (only without Fortitude), possibly Probability Control. :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby Tofer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:Sweet...I totally down with that. Impervious isn't broken...the only power that I think is broken is HSS and Outwit (only without Fortitude), possibly Probability Control. :D :D :D

HSS hasn't been broken since they nerfed the Option 2. You can no longer hit your target repeatedly; you have to use Flurry if you want a second attack.
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 am

From another thread:

switch21 wrote:Are there any changes/upgrades I'm able to make, even though I missed out?

+1 Click of Life
+1 Stat

These are universal. EVERYONE gets these just because an event happened. If you miss a game day, you do not earn the Build Points (BP) or any special scenario bonuses, such as Income (unless Jon says otherwise).
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Question: Could you help to clarify how the rewards are earned for controlling districts?

Answer: At the end of the day all territory you hold generates it's benefit. So Heroes get +2 recruiting and +1 research.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: Next do we need to assign the research point to a specific character? Does that choice need to be made now or when we have enough to earn a feat?

Answrer: The Heroes get +2 recruiting as a whole and one hero (you can fight over it) gets +1 Research. The choice does not necessarily have to be made now. You can hold off on assigning it until whenever you want.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: If a faction controls an enemy controlled district how does the mook pool work? Assuming scenario one is correct, does that mean that there will be only 10 points of figures defending Arbutus and 20 points of figures defending South Granville, South Cambie and South Vancouver?

Answer: Your presumption is correct however seeing as y'all trounced the mooks last time I may make it a little higher.
Question: So I have a small question...can we only expand from where we have control? Or are we able to hit any place we want? Or is it the third option....where you give us choices as to where we are allowed to go again?

Answer: From now on you can go anywhere on the map. The only detriment to doing so is if your turf is invaded you won't be able to defend it unless it's attached to your turf. If the heroes on their next turf war attack UBC and the villains try and assault South Cambie the heroes will not be able to return to defend their turf and must rely on their mooks to defend it (unless you have the vehicle turf).
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Also a suggestion from a super:

"Having now played a handful of games with the Snowman rules, I would like to suggest a rule tweak for the benefit of all archetypes: Sacrifice a click of life gained to increase the value of one stat above its archetype's cap."

I like it, it will implemented for this session should you wish. If you want to sacrifice the click you earned this past issue and have the points to pay for the stat upgrade (or want to spend a stat upgrade point) feel free to increase beyond your cap. This can only be used once per stat :P
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Next

Return to Imperial Campaign