HorrorClix: AVP

List your HorrorClix events, discuss figures, scenarios, and strategy.

Moderators: Ragdoll, Mysterious Stranger, doc_monocle, DarkestThicket, Tofer

HorrorClix: AVP

Postby airdomin8 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 am

On DaeRave's recommendation, I picked up the Aliens and Predator box sets at Elfsar this past weekend. Although I haven't played them on the board yet, so far I am very impressed:

* 7 figures in each box set, each very highly detailed, sculpted and painted. Even if I never use the figures, they will make sweet desk decorations

* Sweet map in each box also! (If you're tired of playing the same HeroClix map over and over)

* The figures ARE compatible with HeroClix! Ignore the colors and just refer to the character card to know what they do!

* Figure numbers are very solid; at least comparable to the Batman Alpha set.

* Also like Batman Alpha, the point values are round numbers, so you can have easily have a 200, 300, 400 or 500 pt team of all-Aliens or all-Predators (or even mix & match: do Predators keep Aliens as pets?)

Isn't there a Freddy vs. Jason set also? Leatherface? Now I have to check it out! Who hasn't wondered how Spider-Man would fare against the bastard son of a thousand maniacs?!
User avatar
airdomin8
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 pm
Location: Richmond BC

Re: HorrorClix: AVP

Postby LionKingXXVII » Mon May 17, 2010 12:56 pm

airdomin8 wrote:On DaeRave's recommendation, I picked up the Aliens and Predator box sets at Elfsar this past weekend. Although I haven't played them on the board yet, so far I am very impressed:

* 7 figures in each box set, each very highly detailed, sculpted and painted. Even if I never use the figures, they will make sweet desk decorations

* Sweet map in each box also! (If you're tired of playing the same HeroClix map over and over)

* The figures ARE compatible with HeroClix! Ignore the colors and just refer to the character card to know what they do!

* Figure numbers are very solid; at least comparable to the Batman Alpha set.

* Also like Batman Alpha, the point values are round numbers, so you can have easily have a 200, 300, 400 or 500 pt team of all-Aliens or all-Predators (or even mix & match: do Predators keep Aliens as pets?)

Isn't there a Freddy vs. Jason set also? Leatherface? Now I have to check it out! Who hasn't wondered how Spider-Man would fare against the bastard son of a thousand maniacs?!


Horrorclix has always been what Heroclix should have been. Balanced dials...rounded point values...and bystanders. It's just too bad that the game came along after Heroclix. It's like they used Heroclix as a HUGE playtest and then made Horroclix. There is also a Freddy VS. Jason boxed set...and a Gremlins one on the way. Just jeep an eye out for it. The Freddy VS. Jason set has been out for a while now so you'll have to really look hard to find one locally...but I bet there are a ton on ebay. :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Re: HorrorClix: AVP

Postby Tofer » Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 pm

LionKingXXVII wrote:
airdomin8 wrote:On DaeRave's recommendation, I picked up the Aliens and Predator box sets at Elfsar this past weekend. Although I haven't played them on the board yet, so far I am very impressed:

* 7 figures in each box set, each very highly detailed, sculpted and painted. Even if I never use the figures, they will make sweet desk decorations

* Sweet map in each box also! (If you're tired of playing the same HeroClix map over and over)

* The figures ARE compatible with HeroClix! Ignore the colors and just refer to the character card to know what they do!

* Figure numbers are very solid; at least comparable to the Batman Alpha set.

* Also like Batman Alpha, the point values are round numbers, so you can have easily have a 200, 300, 400 or 500 pt team of all-Aliens or all-Predators (or even mix & match: do Predators keep Aliens as pets?)

Isn't there a Freddy vs. Jason set also? Leatherface? Now I have to check it out! Who hasn't wondered how Spider-Man would fare against the bastard son of a thousand maniacs?!


Horrorclix has always been what Heroclix should have been. Balanced dials...rounded point values...and bystanders. It's just too bad that the game came along after Heroclix. It's like they used Heroclix as a HUGE playtest and then made Horroclix. There is also a Freddy VS. Jason boxed set...and a Gremlins one on the way. Just jeep an eye out for it. The Freddy VS. Jason set has been out for a while now so you'll have to really look hard to find one locally...but I bet there are a ton on ebay. :D :D :D


Gremlins & the new FvJ will NOT be Clix - they are stand-alone board games.

Otherwise, ditto to everything else Leo said! :D
Getting Rich Quick!
User avatar
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:27 pm
Location: Delta

Re: HorrorClix: AVP

Postby Heckboy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 am

Tofer wrote:
LionKingXXVII wrote:
airdomin8 wrote:On DaeRave's recommendation, I picked up the Aliens and Predator box sets at Elfsar this past weekend. Although I haven't played them on the board yet, so far I am very impressed:

* 7 figures in each box set, each very highly detailed, sculpted and painted. Even if I never use the figures, they will make sweet desk decorations

* Sweet map in each box also! (If you're tired of playing the same HeroClix map over and over)

* The figures ARE compatible with HeroClix! Ignore the colors and just refer to the character card to know what they do!

* Figure numbers are very solid; at least comparable to the Batman Alpha set.

* Also like Batman Alpha, the point values are round numbers, so you can have easily have a 200, 300, 400 or 500 pt team of all-Aliens or all-Predators (or even mix & match: do Predators keep Aliens as pets?)

Isn't there a Freddy vs. Jason set also? Leatherface? Now I have to check it out! Who hasn't wondered how Spider-Man would fare against the bastard son of a thousand maniacs?!


Horrorclix has always been what Heroclix should have been. Balanced dials...rounded point values...and bystanders. It's just too bad that the game came along after Heroclix. It's like they used Heroclix as a HUGE playtest and then made Horroclix. There is also a Freddy VS. Jason boxed set...and a Gremlins one on the way. Just jeep an eye out for it. The Freddy VS. Jason set has been out for a while now so you'll have to really look hard to find one locally...but I bet there are a ton on ebay. :D :D :D


Gremlins & the new FvJ will NOT be Clix - they are stand-alone board games.

Otherwise, ditto to everything else Leo said! :D


Haven't tried the Gremlins one, but Ipicked up the new FvJ Forest of Fear to try it out.
It's... kind of lame, unfortunately. :?
I refused to acknowledge it at first, because you know, it's FREDDY AND JASON.
But it kind of comes across as Zombies (the board game) meets tic-tac-toe.
It's not even close to horrorclix.
aka charlesdward @ HCRealms

"... They didn't tell me Batman was straight. I would have played him straight if I'd known."
~George Clooney
User avatar
Heckboy
Limited Edition
Limited Edition
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:22 am
Location: Republic of Delta


Return to HorrorClix

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron