Tips for Newbies

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:48 pm

um...hmmm...how to justify 'jacking this thread....heroclix is fast becoming horrorclix and soon they will have the keyword guardian and we're anticipating their evilness? That's what we meant...I swear :lol:
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Tofer » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:19 pm

frog5000 wrote:And this relates to HEROclix strategy because...? :P :lol:

Oh, Great Theovis - I call "THREAD JACK!"
Getting Rich Quick!
Tofer
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby donveersingh » Tue May 08, 2007 5:06 pm

Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby donveersingh » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:29 am

Great article written by Tyroclix on HCRealms:

On the heels of the "Pass" thread in General Discussion, I decided to post this article I wrote. Veteran players (er, I guess that would be Rare players now? ) already know these things - but a few "Common" players might find something useful to improve their game.

So enjoy:

In this article I wanted to discuss the finer points of one of the most hated parts of the game
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby number6 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Great article, it even points out the effective "baiting" technique (a fav of mine)....c'mon Rob, say it....Master----baiter :P :P :P
I will add, the META-GAME is big if you are trying to win.
As an example, Kyle Mitton..to name a name...has always been a threatening one at that ;)...he's really good at making aggressive 1st round moves (without passsing) where you can be assured he will push to mangle your team if your don't counter correctly. He doesn't pass, he moves on your team right off the bat, and usually builds a hugely effective team to force you into a fight.
Good times, and good fun, but definitely a great challenge.

Definitely more respectible than players who don't make any serious initial moves and then Meta-game you to position within their strike range...which isn't very sportsmanlike imo.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:42 pm

number6 wrote:Great article, it even points out the effective "baiting" technique (a fav of mine)....c'mon Rob, say it....Master----baiter :P :P :P
I will add, the META-GAME is big if you are trying to win.
As an example, Kyle Mitton..to name a name...has always been a threatening one at that ;)...he's really good at making aggressive 1st round moves (without passsing) where you can be assured he will push to mangle your team if your don't counter correctly. He doesn't pass, he moves on your team right off the bat, and usually builds a hugely effective team to force you into a fight.
Good times, and good fun, but definitely a great challenge.

Definitely more respectible than players who don't make any serious initial moves and then Meta-game you to position within their strike range...which isn't very sportsmanlike imo.

Oh, Kyle...I miss (beating) him. My FAVOURITE player of a bad lot. But honestly number6 AKA DEMON is right. He always played a hit you hard and fast type game. It's just that there were a few unfortunate examples of "FALSE" clicking on his part to tarnish his image. (Alleged, I'm not sure ANYTHING has been to court and proven) :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Previous

Return to Strategy