So...ew

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

So...ew

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm

300 point Modern:

202 Magneto 6 piece Belt
68 GCPD Cruiser (piloted)
30 SOG 001b GCPD Officer
----

Prep time the Belt to +2 stats. Pop Mags in the car and drive the cop around for a bit. Hop out and be all smug that if someone's trying to shoot at you they're needing to hit a 21. Next turn drive the car somewhere and vape someone with a 10-11 move running shot, 13-14 attack, 12-13 range, 6-7 damage then hop in the car so you don't need to spin the belt. Or don't move the car smack stealthers with a double TK and then hop back in. If you want you can eventually have the cop run some people over. Either way...evil!
Last edited by DarkestThicket on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: So...ew

Postby depster » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Which Mags are we talking about...think your point values are also bit off :lol:
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby DarkestThicket » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah...fixed, it was supposed to be 202 not 102
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:44 am

Even if you are in the car you have to spin the belt.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I also think the ruling on Belt/Gauntlet is that if the figure is off the map - then modifiers do NOT apply.
So riding in a vehicle won't transfer bonuses from the belt/gauntlet to the vehicle.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm

radone wrote:Even if you are in the car you have to spin the belt.

Did they issue errata? Since it's been said that since the belt is off the map it no longer spins. I've been searching the realms for the Orange notifications and this is the only thing I could find so far:

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthrea ... y+belt+map
If a character with an assigned resource (Gauntlet or Belt) performed a non-free action and then became a pilot, do you still roll to spin the resource at the end of the turn? I know it was ruled in the resent PG that the stat modifiers from resources would NOT apply when taking a "trip" but I wasn't sure if the spinning would still happen?
I don't believe we've gotten word back on that yet. I think the leaning was that you would not turn it.

Otherwise could you replace the vehicle with DC10 015 Catwoman and then just move her into range after taking a non free action to "not use the effects" of the belt and stop the turn? Perhaps move her up to a waiting Dinah Soar and then have Dinah fly her out of range the next turn for more killy goodness?
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I think that tricks to keep the belt from working as it was designed (cause it's powerful enough that way) are the kind of things that are killing the good spirit of the game.

There have been so many positive developments in Heroclix in the last couple of years and I hate that any of it gets squashed because of wordsmiths. I love the resources, but they should be great additions, not ALL-Powerful gamebreakers.

I'm glad that people bring these issues up on our local forum because it allows local judges to chime in as to how they will rule these things.

At my venue, if you take a non-free action using the belt, you will roll for the belt to turn. Catwoman, vehicle, blah blah blah ... I don't care :D

I have also house-ruled that resources cannot be assigned to vehicles, colossals, or team bases.

I will also be adding a house-rule that states that vehicles cannot be piloted by opposing characters. You can mind control an opposing fig to jump in as the pilot of your vehicle, but when that action ends, your vehicle will eject (reject) the pilot. I know that also doesn't jive with how it's been Orang-ed, but I'm fine with that.
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy