help!! newb in distress. Vehicles

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

help!! newb in distress. Vehicles

Postby MetroForce » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:54 am

So i'm way behind the curve on this but i havent seen or used vehicles yet, so be nice

When you board a 'piloted' vehicle you ignore all your figures stats and powers?
Can piloted vehicles move and attack without someone taking taht free action to get inside? and vice versa for auto pilotted, can they then become piliotted?
When passenger s are carried and the action ends are they on the vehicles card along with the pilot or wahtever?
if a piloted vehicle is pulsewaved is the figure on the card damaged as well?
how do they get the caramel in the middle of a caramilk bar?

Thanks and tell your momma i miss her and think about her every day
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: help!! newb in distress. Vehicles

Postby switch21 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 am

MetroForce wrote:So i'm way behind the curve on this but i havent seen or used vehicles yet, so be nice

When you board a 'piloted' vehicle you ignore all your figures stats and powers? Yes, they are ignored. Unless you "Trip" the pilot - long process to be explained later.

Can piloted vehicles move and attack without someone taking taht free action to get inside? and vice versa for auto pilotted, can they then become piliotted? Vehicles that are played at the "Piloted" point value take unavoidable damage for ANY non-free action it makes without a pilot inside. Vehicles played at the "Autopilot" value can never have a pilot and take unavoidable damage only if they attacked.

When passenger s are carried and the action ends are they on the vehicles card along with the pilot or wahtever? When a vehicle carries anyone, it is just the same as a figure carrying someone. They are off the board for movement and placed on the board at the end of the movement. Only the pilot ever goes off the board onto the vehicle card and, for now anyways, there is only ever one pilot.

if a piloted vehicle is pulsewaved is the figure on the card damaged as well? To the best of my knowledge, the pilot is off the board and will not be pulsewaved.

how do they get the caramel in the middle of a caramilk bar? Not sure. Sneaky guys.

Thanks and tell your momma i miss her and think about her every day I will, but she will be confused as she does not know who you are. 8)
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Ok, so the "Trip"

When you give a character a free action to become the pilot of a vehicle, that is the start of the "Trip"
The trip ends when the pilot is ejected.

Any character can take a "Trip" (unless they cannot pilot for some reason - like Battle Fury) and one character may take multiple "Trips" during one game.

That's all pretty simple.

What complicates it is the ability to replace the vehicle's printed values with the printed values of the pilot....

The vehicle can borrow the combat values (any of them, your choice as to which ones) of the pilot and these values last until the beginning of your next turn.
At the beginning of your next turn, you must deal the pilot one (1) unavoidable damage.

Once per "Trip", this can be done. If it has already been used and the pilot has not ejected, it cannot be used again, until a new "Trip" begins.

Lots to remember... :shock: :D :( :wink:
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm

oh thanks. your a good step son

Can duo figs, colosalls, giants, or peaNUTS pilot a vehicle?

So a good time to use the pilots stats instead of the bat bike is if a Batfig with his !9 defense is riding the bike and its about to get blasted by a 10 attack 5 damager. prevent the bike from gettin smoked and takin just the one damage instead of 5 for instance. somethin like that

Can you outwit vehicle powers and abilities?
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 am

Holy snap and pickles! Those GCPD cars are stupid... driving through figs for UNAVOIDABLE damage? for 68pts? gross.

Even at 300pts, a tentpole team would be decimated by these things.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby lord_hugo720 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uUi97L ... 9Q&index=2

two former world champs, the 2012 got worked by that damn car
https://www.facebook.com/events/1563479123942202/ <<------- Wizkids Open Event in Vancouver @ The Connections.
lord_hugo720
Unique
Unique

Postby DarkestThicket » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 am

switch21 wrote:Holy snap and pickles! Those GCPD cars are stupid... driving through figs for UNAVOIDABLE damage? for 68pts? gross.

Even at 300pts, a tentpole team would be decimated by these things.

I have 5 of them >_>
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy