What would Strange do?

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

What would Strange do?

Postby MetroForce » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

The new rare works with them lil blue guys obviosly, would you use team build points to start the game with a xcoiupler on the board or would you use the points for something else and have strange use actions and push to spawn a few/
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: What would Strange do?

Postby radone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 am

MetroForce wrote:The new rare works with them lil blue guys obviosly, would you use team build points to start the game with a xcoiupler on the board or would you use the points for something else and have strange use actions and push to spawn a few/

I say it is better to spawn a few. He can't use them until his 2nd click. They are useful but I don't know if they are 13pts towards your 300pt build useful.
Why buy the cow ehen you get the milk for free.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 am

radone wrote:
MetroForce wrote:The new rare works with them lil blue guys obviosly, would you use team build points to start the game with a xcoiupler on the board or would you use the points for something else and have strange use actions and push to spawn a few/

I say it is better to spawn a few. He can't use them until his 2nd click. They are useful but I don't know if they are 13pts towards your 300pt build useful.

if you spawn them, would they count as extra points for your opponent if KO'd?
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby radone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:

True Albert but in todays game. Those wasted attacks on the projections should allow you to get more points on your opponent. Most games these days don't go to time so if you can wipe your opponent. It doesn't matter how many points you lose.
Also it the bigger picture you get to play with more points than your opponent so you have the advantage there.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 pm

radone wrote:
d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:

True Albert but in todays game. Those wasted attacks on the projections should allow you to get more points on your opponent. Most games these days don't go to time so if you can wipe your opponent. It doesn't matter how many points you lose.
Also it the bigger picture you get to play with more points than your opponent so you have the advantage there.

I know how useful they are...I was just wondering if they counted for points or if only Dr Strange counts for points.
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 am

i think if you breed them or start the game with them you get points for them

skrull rebel on the other hand....
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 pm

This Dr Strange is probably the most useful one I've seen to date...the Astral projections are AWESOME! Free move, incap and Dr Strange can use them for ranged attacks/outwit or perplex!
Plus Dr Strange has a high Defense as well with damage reducers!
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:33 am

d'epster wrote:This Dr Strange is probably the most useful one I've seen to date...the Astral projections are AWESOME! Free move, incap and Dr Strange can use them for ranged attacks/outwit or perplex!

He acan use them for ranged attacks but only against characters adjacent to the projections. useful but not as useful as Prof X.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 pm

radone wrote:
d'epster wrote:This Dr Strange is probably the most useful one I've seen to date...the Astral projections are AWESOME! Free move, incap and Dr Strange can use them for ranged attacks/outwit or perplex!

He acan use them for ranged attacks but only against characters adjacent to the projections. useful but not as useful as Prof X.

free move to become adjacent to the target and Prof X attacks. Also the Astral projection can also incap (depending in dial used) on same turn...true Prof X can use any X-Men or anyone he shares a keyword with but he's got to stay in the starting area and has no power reducers...HELLO GAMMA BOMB! :twisted:
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy