Crawler (or any phaser really)

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Crawler (or any phaser really)

Postby MetroForce » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Whats to prevent a mind controller after making a sucesful attack to have Nc or any phaser really from moving and stoppin in blocking terrain. This should be treated like knockback or falling off elevated terrain in regards to the fallout of this type of move. The original controler picks the closest unoccupied legal square to reform/ be placed after being mind controlled.

it's only 2 damage and to me anyways keeoping with not only the price to pay for a being that power set, but as well as fairly comic accurate.

nightCrawler specifically has often mentioned he doesnt like to bamf into unknown spaces as well rarely carried anyone since it taxed him (more than the -minus-2 to movement.) the nc figure should had a trait to only carry freindly figures once per game.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Re: Crawler (or any phaser really)

Postby MetroForce » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:35 am

that said my favorite crawler comic move was when he teleported just the arms or heads off his oposition. in heroclix this could play out like i mentioned above where he appears in normal clear terrain but places the enemy over the edge of elevated or in the middle of blocking terrain causing 2 standard damage each.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:34 am

MetroForce wrote:that said my favorite crawler comic move was when he teleported just the arms or heads off his oposition. in heroclix this could play out like i mentioned above where he appears in normal clear terrain but places the enemy over the edge of elevated or in the middle of blocking terrain causing 2 standard damage each.

I was thinking the same thing but then...they gotta keep this game kid-friendly...dropping people off the edge of the roof or in the middle of blocking terrain is mean & violent (not kid-friendly)...just like when Azazel dropped all those poor government agents from the sky (it's raining men) in the X-Men First Class movie.
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby MetroForce » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Night crawler should have like charge flurry or something or when phases double his movement but this current one doesnt make alot of sense.

Same thing for spidey. Everyspiderman comic i read he jumps in and punches and kicks ya. and when its a character like juggernaut and hulk he ususally hits them like twice. Spidey should always have pounce but maybe cant use his superstrength and minus his atttack and damage values by 1. give that power to the 78 WoS spidey and up his defence by 1 and point cost by 22 and i think that'd make a comic accurate playable spidey. When pounces a giant or collosal, or figure with 4 or more damage value, spidey can flurry instead of close combat attack.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 am

I agree...haven't been really happy with any Spideys really. I agree...after Spidey uses leap/climb, he should be able to do an attack of some sort...
He could have a Special Power called Spider-flurry...where he keeps attacking and if successful the target is dealt one penetrating damage until Spidey misses with an attack roll (each time Spidey successfully hits, the target's defense goes up by one. After all actions resolve, roll a D6...on a result of a one or a two, Spidey gets tired and gets 2 action tokens...on a result of a three or a four, Spidey gets one action token...on a result of a five or six, the target is given an action token.
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Return to Strategy