WoS Nightcrawler Trumps SIF

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

WoS Nightcrawler Trumps SIF

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm

When Nightcrawler uses Hypersonic Speed, a target hit by a close combat attack may be placed adjacent to Nightcrawler after the power action resolves.

So in addition to everything else the dreaded WoS Nightcrawler can do, it trumps SIF: Target the Barrier token (or SIF) with a 2 damage attack, and let fun begin!
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Re: WoS Nightcrawler Trumps SIF

Postby radone » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 am

That is a good plan. One thing under the new errata SIF (the object not the character) doesn't protect barrier tokens anymore/ Though it does protect the Dynamostat.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby airdomin8 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:20 pm

OK, now I'm curious. What the hey is a SIF and how will it beat my arse into submission?
airdomin8
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Structural Integrity Field
Blocking terrain and walls 6 or fewer squares from this object can't be destroyed.

With Nightcrawler's trait, he ignores all terrain (including blocking I believe) or he could even move the barrier token after attacking it with a 2 damage (therefore not destroying it) and move it adjacent to him to use as a shield maybe or to just open a way up so others can get at the opponent.

What is Dynamostat though?
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby radone » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 pm

d'epster wrote:Structural Integrity Field
Blocking terrain and walls 6 or fewer squares from this object can't be destroyed.

With Nightcrawler's trait, he ignores all terrain (including blocking I believe) or he could even move the barrier token after attacking it with a 2 damage (therefore not destroying it) and move it adjacent to him to use as a shield maybe or to just open a way up so others can get at the opponent.

What is Dynamostat though?

A dynamostat is a heavy object that also is treated as blocking terrain.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 am

Nightcrawler can also move Barrier tokens. :D
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby depster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:Nightcrawler can also move Barrier tokens. :D

yup...I mentioned that. Right now I'd say he's towards the top of my wants list. Could he target a heavy or light object with 2 damage (not destroying it), then drop it on an opponent that he ends up adjacent to? That'd be so cool...or say because he ignores all terrain effects, if he end on the edge of the top of a building, could he then drop the opponent off the roof (elevated terrain)? He could do so many cool stuff because he ignores terrain effects. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :D :D
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby airdomin8 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm having some difficulty understanding how this power is thematically correct.

In the comics, I believe Nightcrawler is a swash-buckling teleporter who has tons of agility (ie. super-senses).

Not sure I've ever seen him grab chunks of wall and move it around.
airdomin8
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am

airdomin8 wrote:

I'm having some difficulty understanding how this power is thematically correct.

In the comics, I believe Nightcrawler is a swash-buckling teleporter who has tons of agility (ie. super-senses).

Not sure I've ever seen him grab chunks of wall and move it around.

technically not barriers, but I have seen him teleport people and drop them off ships/elevated terrain and I have seen him grab objects to move them...regardless, he should be a lot of fun to play with
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 am

d'epster wrote:

yup...I mentioned that. Right now I'd say he's towards the top of my wants list. Could he target a heavy or light object with 2 damage (not destroying it), then drop it on an opponent that he ends up adjacent to? That'd be so cool...or say because he ignores all terrain effects, if he end on the edge of the top of a building, could he then drop the opponent off the roof (elevated terrain)? He could do so many cool stuff because he ignores terrain effects. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

Though Nightcrawler ignores terrain the square on the edge of a building is still not adjacent so he couldn't throw people off of buildings.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby DaeRave » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 pm

Yeah I'm with airdomin8 on this one. I dig this fig, but him moving around barrier tokens is incorrect.
Theres just too many variables that dont make sense, far more then those that do.

So Iceman throws up a large chunk of wall, I guess its possible NC could move it. possible.
But if Pyro throws up a barrier, NC is moving a large piece of fire?
With what, charm and good-looks?

Thats of course saying nothing about him moving people and it hurting him and he needs errata saying he should take damage, BUT that horse has been kicked to death.
So I won't bring that up. :roll:
Check out my custom Heroclix maps!
http://daerave.deviantart.com/gallery/26560165
DaeRave
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 pm

DaeRave wrote:Yeah I'm with airdomin8 on this one. I dig this fig, but him moving around barrier tokens is incorrect.
Theres just too many variables that dont make sense, far more then those that do.

So Iceman throws up a large chunk of wall, I guess its possible NC could move it. possible.
But if Pyro throws up a barrier, NC is moving a large piece of fire?
With what, charm and good-looks?

Thats of course saying nothing about him moving people and it hurting him and he needs errata saying he should take damage, BUT that horse has been kicked to death.
So I won't bring that up. :roll:

How many dead horses do we need... many.
Moving Terran is bunk for Nightcrawler.
Moving PPL should require an ATTACK imo. 1 figure only, or add +2 per figure to the defense of the additional existing figure so no additional could be added based on the rule of 3.
Again, WK's and playtesting = BUNK!!!
"Hey Joe, you like this game"
"Sure do Jeb, lemme play"
"K Joe, play yer best, just roll em' dice and hope for the best"
"Thanks Jeb, I'll doooo goood now."

WEEEHAAA we have a game we do!
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:53 am

number6 wrote:Moving Terran is bunk for Nightcrawler.

I totally agree...
number6 wrote:Moving PPL should require an ATTACK imo. 1 figure only, or add +2 per figure to the defense of the additional existing figure so no additional could be added based on the rule of 3.

In the case of nightcrawler you need to successfully hit. It is just you can auto hit objects and blocking terrain.

number6 wrote:Again, WK's and playtesting = BUNK!!!
"Hey Joe, you like this game"
"Sure do Jeb, lemme play"
"K Joe, play yer best, just roll em' dice and hope for the best"
"Thanks Jeb, I'll doooo goood now."
WEEEHAAA we have a game we do!

Nightcrawler wasn't play tested and should cost between 110-120pts. I am pretty sure he was designed to be broken by the previous Champion and not playtested at all.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby MetroForce » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:49 pm

i hate this thread. Superman can also punch a planet in half. lol at least nightcrawler in unique
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby DarkestThicket » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey Nightcrawler...I'm Kid Zoom...that is all.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:23 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:Hey Nightcrawler...I'm Kid Zoom...that is all.

You'd think.
However did he see serious use during the recent competition at GenCon?
Not so much based on Shazadam winnings.

It also makes a mockery of thematic games, which for me is the big issue. As an example, the latest 100pt THING from FF is played all too often, and is over powered for his points. Makes theme totally bunk now as he mops the board up thanks to his Special Power Creepage :( :( :(

D.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:21 pm

i never had a problem with thing. He got destroyed just like all the rest of the fantastic fa****ts but i know what your sayin.

the points worth of figs is continuing on a weird path makin each new set superior to the last

The difference between thor and say M&m is huge let alone pre cards versus now.

f4 is one good example, the warriors 3 is another, most the assgaurds, and even new black hand can really fuck you over.

It seems playtestin or the once popular point generator, are inconsequential and their just throwin point values on dudes without any real R&D

6 hookers and a max mercury and that night crawler be damn unstopable for bout 200 points.
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy