ICwO (from B&B News)

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

ICwO (from B&B News)

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

number6 wrote:So how does Gizmo differ from ICWO Feat qualification?
EDIT: I've been told you can qualify for feats through ICWO.

Also with MC... so Gizmo makes weapons for an opponent, I assume they have to use the power right away to gain benefit just like the normal team situation?
Also, does MC ruin the ONCE PER GAME value of his power? I would think so.

He may become more of a liability than a benefit vs. MC.

You must qualify for the Feat without ICwO, but you can use ICwO to use a feat that the figure doesn't currently have showing.

This was discussed heavily for the original version of Oracle to trigger Brilliant Tactician. As long as the figure has both Outwit and Perplex on the dial somewhere, you can assign it the Brilliant Tactician Feat. If you also assign it ICwO (and Oracle on the Card), you can use ICwO to ensure that the figure always has access to Perplex. (Although, with the current rulings it be Outwitted.)

This is also true for Feats such as Contingency Plan or Inspiring Command.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Re: ICwO (from B&B News)

Postby number6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 pm

So then if you have a figure like the Human Torch with Pulse Wave on his last click, you could assign him Nova Blast, then use Gizmo to provide him with the power on his first click?...
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 pm

number6 wrote:So then if you have a figure like the Human Torch with Pulse Wave on his last click, you could assign him Nova Blast, then use Gizmo to provide him with the power on his first click?...

Ed Zachary.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby number6 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 am

radone wrote:
number6 wrote:So then if you have a figure like the Human Torch with Pulse Wave on his last click, you could assign him Nova Blast, then use Gizmo to provide him with the power on his first click?...

Ed Zachary.

Uh, thanks Rob.
Ed Zachary Disease is when your face looks exactly like your ass, meaning you are extremely ugly.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

number6 wrote:
radone wrote:

Ed Zachary.

Uh, thanks Rob.
Ed Zachary Disease is when your face looks exactly like your ass, meaning you are extremely ugly.

No insult intended I just say that instead of Exactly....I also say Sam Ting.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

number6 wrote:Uh, thanks Rob.

Also from Urban Dictionary:

ed zachary
affirmative, to the likeness
thats ed zachary what i was thinking
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby number6 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm

radone wrote:No insult intended I just say that instead of Exactly....I also say Sam Ting.

None taken.
Confusion however was mine to be had, as it seemed out of context based on my Google search.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby MetroForce » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:. (Although, with the current rulings it be Outwitted.)

what part can be outwitted? the figure ? i'm thinkin when the fig has either perplex or outwit showing right? or can you ouwit oracle (the separate figure on the card?
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 am

MetroForce wrote:

what part can be outwitted? the figure ? i'm thinkin when the fig has either perplex or outwit showing right? or can you ouwit oracle (the separate figure on the card?

It is treated like it is on the dial so you can outwit whatever power that the agent is using.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby depster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 am

radone wrote:
MetroForce wrote:

It is treated like it is on the dial so you can outwit whatever power that the agent is using.

but then you could use Oracle to outwit the outwit couldn't you?
sorry, it's been a long time since I've played Oracle and ICwO...
so for example, you click Oracle to Outwit and assign that to the agent...you have 2 outwits to work with...now, if you click Oracle to perplex...does the agent still maintain the original outwit that was assign to him/her?
I'm just curious how that works again. It is because of this that I lost to a team that had Namor as an agent of Oracle (he ended up winning the tournament).
So in the last scenario, the agent's outwit could be outwitted but not Oracle's perplex?
I also gotta know how this works cuz I'm thinking of playing BOP in the next campaign :D
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby MetroForce » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:19 pm

whatever powers you use on your agent can be outwitted. also you cant double outwit. same with anti superman rules. so if your agent has ouwit then you can give him perplex from oracle but not outwit cause he already has it. so for the brilliant tact the figs got outwit and oracls got perplex to brilliant tact your forces then i can outwit you perplex in effect making you lose briliant tact. outwitting your outwit would do nothin other than make yyou no have outwit but your perplex/ brilliant tact would work as normal.

i have more whos on first but im tired
MetroForce
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:04 pm

MetroForce wrote:whatever powers you use on your agent can be outwitted. also you cant double outwit. same with anti superman rules. so if your agent has ouwit then you can give him perplex from oracle but not outwit cause he already has it. so for the brilliant tact the figs got outwit and oracls got perplex to brilliant tact your forces then i can outwit you perplex in effect making you lose briliant tact. outwitting your outwit would do nothin other than make yyou no have outwit but your perplex/ brilliant tact would work as normal.

i have more whos on first but im tired

never mind...i think i figured it out...i was tired when i wrote my question...thanks for trying to explain it...
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Return to Strategy