Heroclix Challenge #5

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Heroclix Challenge #5

Postby radone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 pm

The Runaways are facing their biggest challenge yet – Superman Prime. The battle so far has been tough. On their previous turn, Nico used her Staff of One to use Outwit and took away Superman Prime’s Hypersonic Speed. He pushed, trying to KO Nico, but he only moved her to her last click. Now it’s the Runaways turn. Assuming that when they attack, they will roll just high enough to hit (no critical hits), what should the Runaways do to wrap up this insane villain? [Be sure to see what clicks each character is on and note that Molly is currently holding a heavy object]
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Re: Heroclix Challenge #5

Postby radone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 pm

This one is pretty easy since you know you aren't going to miss. If it wasn't a guaranteed hit it might have been a little more difficult.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby switch21 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 am

Yeah, knowing you won't miss helps :) That said, I never posted my solution on HCRealms cause one almost exactly the same was there already...

I won't post my whole set of moves just yet. My first action would be to move Karolina Dean to a position adjacent to SPrime in the lower, right-most square...like so:
XSX
NXK

Then I'd allow SPrime to clear... what happens next??
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 am

radone wrote:The Runaways are facing their biggest challenge yet – Superman Prime. The battle so far has been tough. On their previous turn, Nico used her Staff of One to use Outwit and took away Superman Prime’s Hypersonic Speed. He pushed, trying to KO Nico, but he only moved her to her last click. Now it’s the Runaways turn. Assuming that when they attack, they will roll just high enough to hit (no critical hits), what should the Runaways do to wrap up this insane villain? [Be sure to see what clicks each character is on and note that Molly is currently holding a heavy object]

So far I keep wondering what I am being asked.... must I research all these figures Special Powers?

At least the previous situation offered normal variables, not ones I had to do specific reasearch on for figures I do not own or care to own.
Last edited by number6 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 am

wish they told us what special powers each has right now...hate looking it up...
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
Groot: I am Groot.
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 pm

The Runaways are at the HOT Gallery, Superman Prime is here.

Special Powers are pretty much the entire key to this challenge.
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby DarkestThicket » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:19 am

First off the player playing the Runaways should haul off and belt the dude who brought the bazooka to the nerf gun fight.
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby LionKingXXVII » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:03 pm

DarkestThicket wrote:First off the player playing the Runaways should haul off and belt the dude who brought the bazooka to the nerf gun fight.

I'm with you on that one Jon...I think the guy didn't know that this was a friendly theme game amonst friends!!! :D :D :D
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo

Postby depster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am

Since Supes Prime pushed, he should be on click #2.
Molly throws the heavy object at S.P. and just hits...S.P. now on click 4
Nico takes P.B. (thanks to her SP) and tries to hit S.P. and does for one. S.P. now on click 5
Chase (with the L/C and carry special power) carries both Molly and Gert and positions himself just to the left of Nico and with Molly and Gert on his right side (all squares adjacent to S.P.) like this: XSGK
NCM
S.P. has no choice but to clear
Nico takes O/W and O/W's S.P.'s Invul...Chase pushes to attack with CCE crippling S.P. for 4. S.P. now on click 9.
Now you have 2 chances to K.O. S.P. with either Gert or with Molly...while Karolina just sits there looking pretty.
Rocket Raccoon: His people are entirely literal. Metaphors go right over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are excellent and I would catch it.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Doesn't Prime have Indomitable? So he would not take push dmg.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Karolina moves adjacent to Superman. End turn. Supe clears.

Next turn, Nico Outwits supe's defense, Karolina FB's Superman into the middle of the three Runaways. Molly hits for five. Defense is still outwitted, Chase hits for 4, and Gert finishes him off.
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby depster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Karolina moves adjacent to Superman. End turn. Supe clears.

Next turn, Nico Outwits supe's defense, Karolina FB's Superman into the middle of the three Runaways. Molly hits for five. Defense is still outwitted, Chase hits for 4, and Gert finishes him off.

I was thinking the same thing at first but the only thing with that is wouldn't S.P. being FB'd off a roof, wouldn't he just go over the other Runaways since he flies? He'd go right between Molly and Chase.
Last edited by depster on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 pm

number6 wrote:Doesn't Prime have Indomitable? So he would not take push dmg.

Right you are and Gert and Lace is a duo fig so can't be carried.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby depster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Since Supes Prime is pushed but has indomitable, he should be on click #1.
Nico takes perplex to perplex down S.P's defense. Nico attacks and hits for one S.P on click 2.
Molly throws the heavy object at S.P. and just hits...S.P. now on click 4...Invul
Chase (with the L/C and carry special power) carries Molly positions himself just to the right of Nico and with Molly just to his right side and Gert and Lace strolls up the stairs and stops at the top right beside S.P. so now the figs look like this:

XSGK
NCM

S.P. has no choice but to clear
Nico takes O/W and O/W's S.P.'s Invul...Chase pushes to attack with CCE crippling S.P. for 4. S.P. now on click 8.
Molly pushes to hit S.P. for 3 damage K.O.ing him (even if Supes got back his O/Wed Invul, he'd be on his regen click 9 then Gert and Lace pushes and duo attacks him K'Oing him after the first attack)...while Karolina still just sits there looking pretty.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:46 pm

d'epster wrote:Molly throws the heavy object at S.P. and just hits...S.P. now on click 4...Invul

I think you mean click 3, since a heavy object is damage 3 when thrown (reduced to 1 after imperv). Also, the scenario doesn't assume that he makes his Imperv rolls...
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis

Postby depster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
d'epster wrote:Molly throws the heavy object at S.P. and just hits...S.P. now on click 4...Invul

I think you mean click 3, since a heavy object is damage 3 when thrown (reduced to 1 after imperv). Also, the scenario doesn't assume that he makes his Imperv rolls...

I think I'm color blind...I thought Imperv was Toughness (it looks orange to me)...back to the drawing board.
----------
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

The less direct solution is to flip the gaming board claiming nuclear Armageddon. It used to work in RISK :P :)
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy