LUNGE Feat Card and other new stuff BS....

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

LUNGE Feat Card and other new stuff BS....

Postby number6 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:07 am

Ok, so if the judges forum is still open, let us clarify this locally.

Here is what I found on the WK's site.

HeroClix Rule Arbitrator

Lunge Answers
Normally when I get answers from WK I try to dig up the appropriate posts and answer in context. There are enough questions about LUNGE that I though it's own thread would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunge
Choose a character. When the character is given an action,
but before it makes a close combat attack, it can break away
automatically and move up to 2 squares.
The action being referred to in the feat is only an action that immediately includes a close combat attack. You cannot simply break away for free and move 2 as part of, say, a move action. So, some examples:

CHARGE
A 1 2 3 a b . .
X . . . Y . T .
. . . . . b . .
B 1 2 3 a . . .

OK, in our diagram above, we've got two Charge characters, each one equipped with Lunge and a speed of 6 (they are represented with A and B). The X and Y represent opposing characters. Finally, the T is the target we want to attack.

Charger A is given a power action to Charge. He needs to break away from X in order to move. He can then move 1-2-3, ending adjacent to Y. He can then lunge, break away from Y automatically, and then move a...b to base the target T.

To illustrate that all of this works without opposing characters and forced breakaway, we have Charger B. He does not need to break away when he Charges, moves 1-2-3 and then lunges a...b and can also target T.

FLURRY
. . . X . Y .
F . . . . . .

Our Flurry character wants to take one shot at opposing characters X and Y. He is given a close combat action, but he cannot lunge with that. The CC Action grants him 2 free actions, each of which contain a free action. He can lunge with the first free action, attack, and then lunge/attack against with the second free action. Here's a map of his movements (each a...b is a lunge):
. . . X . Y .
F a b a b . .

I hope at this point it is illustrated clearly enough to be able to answer any other follow up questions. For example, "does this mean he can lunge for 2 in the middle of a HSS attack for close combat?" should obviously be "yes" as there is a free action within the HSS power action that leads to a CC attack.

There are other questions involved in this, like picking up an object during a Lunge. Those have not been resolved. Pls keep us posted judges.

Another question that came up in recent play was the new AA Robin and his Smoke Cloud incap. Seems it gives him Normal Incap at either range or close combat, but he ignores hindering, thus he needs line of sight to a target or to be adjacent. He can't Smoke Cloud around a corner and incap woth this power.

The last question was multiple Nightshade Smoke Clouds....atm they can stack....ouch.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby switch21 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 am

I would rule that a "Lunger" is ABLE to pick up an object, as the rulebook states that "During a move action, power action, or free action in which a character using Super-Strength moves, the character can pick up an object." (Pg13).

The character is being given an action, and moves..... thus it can pick up an object. That's the way I'd rule it anyhow.

I do understand that it's been ruled that Robin does need to meet the normal conditions for Incap in order to use that portion of the power (i.e. - LoF or adjacency).

And as for Nightshade... well, if you've got two of em on the team and they both use it, why not stack? Maybe the real wording should not be "stack" but rather that "both deal damage." The difference being that it's only dealt 2 at a time, not 4 at once, so it still doesn't destroy damage reducers... that is how the application of the power works as I read on the Wizkids Envoys site.
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:05 pm

switch21 wrote:I would rule that a "Lunger" is ABLE to pick up an object, as the rulebook states that "During a move action, power action, or free action in which a character using Super-Strength moves, the character can pick up an object." (Pg13).

I was thinking that as well, although when you imagine Hercules using Flurry/Object then Lunge picking up new Object to Flurry/Object you get kinda scared :shock:
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby radone » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 pm

number6 wrote:
switch21 wrote:I would rule that a "Lunger" is ABLE to pick up an object, as the rulebook states that "During a move action, power action, or free action in which a character using Super-Strength moves, the character can pick up an object." (Pg13).

I was thinking that as well, although when you imagine Hercules using Flurry/Object then Lunge picking up new Object to Flurry/Object you get kinda scared :shock:

I would say you could pick up an object as well. Hercules isn't that much of a problem as he can carry 2 objects.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby number6 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 pm

radone wrote:
number6 wrote:

I would say you could pick up an object as well. Hercules isn't that much of a problem as he can carry 2 objects.

I am aware, but readily being able to replenish those objects makes him a lot meaner.
We playtested it on a few characters and depending on how your opponent is setup using it with flurry provides a lot of mobility to the Lunging figure. I literally danced around one team with IronFist and his Willpower Lunging Flurrying self. Essentially I moved 8 squares in 2 rounds while getting in 4 potent attacks. Toss in some Warbound and it could get even uglier.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy