2x 300 pt Secret Invasion builds. Help a noob...

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

2x 300 pt Secret Invasion builds. Help a noob...

Postby PALADIN KING » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 am

So, i've come back to heroclix after not playing for five freaking years...now me and my one friend who plays are ready to venture out of my basement to stores and possibly even tournies...with little hope of success of course...but regardless.

Anyway, here are two attempts at 300 point builds out of what I have. I'm thinking about hitting those 50% SI events at Drexoll starting up next week i think? Decided to go all SI though, as I just got a brick and all...

Build #1

Super-skrull: X-Men
Dr. Octopus
Goliath
She-Thing

Build #2 (mostly because i like hercules....)

Hercules
Gravity (Hercules delivery system...shame his movement goes down after one click though)
Dr. Octopus
~15 pts of feat cards i've yet to decide on...maybe Alias and something else.

of course, i could always just put Hercules with Dr. Strange and call it a team. tempting, but seems like a bad idea...earlier I was also pondering about a possible Iron Man/Iron Fist combo. Thanks for any help :)
PALADIN KING
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Answerman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:48 pm

I always tell people just to play what they think will be fun!
The best way to learn the game is flat out to get yer arse kicked!
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby PALADIN KING » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:30 am

true...had a couple games today and got my butt kicked, as you said...then did really well afterwards with Herc/Gravity/Shang Chi/Lightspeed, and then really well again with just Dr. Strange and Herc
PALADIN KING
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Answerman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:32 am

Herc and the Dr are outstanding figs in thier own right.
they would probably have a really difficult time with a swarm team, but they may very well be able to handle it with the proper feat-age!
Answerman
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby number6 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:06 am

Get yer opponent to be a gentleman (gentleperson) and explain how they might be beating you, or what you could do to beat them.
Sounds presumptuous to ask, but fair as you are 'new' to the game, and many players forget what it is to be where you are :)
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare

Postby JiMShAdY » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:55 pm

number6 wrote:Get yer opponent to be a gentleman (gentleperson) and explain how they might be beating you, or what you could do to beat them.
Sounds presumptuous to ask, but fair as you are 'new' to the game, and many players forget what it is to be where you are :)

My answer is all the same : I will be beating you from the left and then the right. Unless of course I roll crap then you will be beating me. LOL 8) JK I'm always ready to help a noob now that I'm a little more seasoned!! :D
You know. You actin' like you don't know.
JiMShAdY
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cole Burns » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:07 am

number6 wrote:Get yer opponent to be a gentleman (gentleperson) and explain how they might be beating you, or what you could do to beat them.

I agree.

This is the fastest and most effective way to get the hang of the game. Our community is great and I can't think of a single person who wouldn't be willing to help you out.

Except Jim, cause he's a power gamer. :P :P :P :P

(J/K Jim)
Cole Burns
Unique
Unique

Return to Strategy