Theme Team Prob Control

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Theme Team Prob Control

Postby depster » Fri May 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Here's a question about theme team prob control...cause I've been to a few different venues that's ruled them differently. When using a theme team prob control, can you assign a non-free action (like an attack action) to a figure that's just been given an action token for the theme team prob? - in the same round? - thus giving the figure a second action token in the same round...
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri May 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Page 6 of the Rule Book wrote:For each three characters on a themed team, a themed team may use
Probability Control once during the game; place an action token on the
character using Probability Control. The token may not be placed on a
character currently taking an action, or a character that already has two
action tokens.


Nothing prevents a figure from taking an action after a Theme Re-Roll.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Postby radone » Fri May 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Evan is correct but to expand on it. If you give an action to a character they cannot use the theme prob afterwards. This is any action including free actions. Free actions include but not exclusive to Leadership, Outwit, Perplex, Supermans leading the charge, and many more I can't think of currently
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby donveersingh » Fri May 02, 2008 4:11 pm

I had a question as a judge a while ago. If your Spectre attacks your opponent's Robin and Robin uses a Theme team prob to make him reroll when does the token get applied? If he already had a token and it causes a push, should that new click be used in defence? I ruled that the token would be applied and the push would happen after the resolution of the attack, but it is unclear.

Also, the rule books do not state explicitly when the token gets applied for any normal action. They imply that the token gets applied at the end of the action but many players put the token on before the action which makes me think that they have pushed their fig but they say that they placed it before.
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
User avatar
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:22 pm
Location: Everywhere

Postby madnettie » Fri May 02, 2008 4:50 pm

I haven't seen anything official, but I believe it should occur immediately. Robin's free action would end in the middle of the other player's action and thus should give him the push right away.
User avatar
madnettie
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:14 pm
Location: Port Moody, Hourglass Comics

Postby radone » Fri May 02, 2008 8:28 pm

The push happens at the end of the action. Token placement is right away and in theory should affect things like shell head. I am not 100% sure on this but it would fall in line with the precedent set by the Back Alley Brawl prob control issue.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby depster » Sat May 03, 2008 1:02 am

radone wrote:Evan is correct but to expand on it. If you give an action to a character they cannot use the theme prob afterwards. This is any action including free actions. Free actions include but not exclusive to Leadership, Outwit, Perplex, Supermans leading the charge, and many more I can't think of currently


so if the figure in question uses normal prob control as a free action, then it could not use the team theme re-roll afterwards.
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby rancidtwinkie » Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 am

d'epster wrote:so if the figure in question uses normal prob control as a free action, then it could not use the team theme re-roll afterwards.


It could go either way.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Postby depster » Sat May 03, 2008 9:18 am

rancidtwinkie wrote:
d'epster wrote:so if the figure in question uses normal prob control as a free action, then it could not use the team theme re-roll afterwards.


It could go either way.


but if prob is a free action, and theme re-rolls cannot follow actions on a single figure, wouldn't that be against the rule?
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby madnettie » Sat May 03, 2008 10:39 am

d'epster wrote:
rancidtwinkie wrote:
d'epster wrote:so if the figure in question uses normal prob control as a free action, then it could not use the team theme re-roll afterwards.


It could go either way.


but if prob is a free action, and theme re-rolls cannot follow actions on a single figure, wouldn't that be against the rule?


The re-roll cannot be done during an action of the same character.

IE: Destiny is attacked, and is part of a theme team. She uses her Prob. The attack still hits. Her action is now over (technically). She may now use the Theme Prob.

Again this has not been FAQ'd or anything yet. This is just my interpretation.
User avatar
madnettie
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:14 pm
Location: Port Moody, Hourglass Comics

Postby depster » Sat May 03, 2008 9:20 pm

madnettie wrote:
d'epster wrote:
rancidtwinkie wrote:
d'epster wrote:so if the figure in question uses normal prob control as a free action, then it could not use the team theme re-roll afterwards.


It could go either way.


but if prob is a free action, and theme re-rolls cannot follow actions on a single figure, wouldn't that be against the rule?


The re-roll cannot be done during an action of the same character.

IE: Destiny is attacked, and is part of a theme team. She uses her Prob. The attack still hits. Her action is now over (technically). She may now use the Theme Prob.

Again this has not been FAQ'd or anything yet. This is just my interpretation.


if that is true then could anyone please explain Rob's interpretation that team theme prob could not be used after a free action by the same character?
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby switch21 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Dwayne Johnson 2020 - I'm in.
User avatar
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Langley

Postby radone » Sun May 04, 2008 1:25 am

switch21 wrote:Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Exactly.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby depster » Sun May 04, 2008 3:21 pm

radone wrote:
switch21 wrote:Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Exactly.


I see...is there any other power that is like prob control?
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby radone » Sun May 04, 2008 3:58 pm

d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:
switch21 wrote:Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Exactly.


I see...is there any other power that is like prob control?
Not sure what you mean by this. As in a power that is not activated by giving an action or something that lets you re-roll?
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby depster » Sun May 04, 2008 4:02 pm

radone wrote:
d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:
switch21 wrote:Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Exactly.


I see...is there any other power that is like prob control?
Not sure what you mean by this. As in a power that is not activated by giving an action or something that lets you re-roll?


I mean a power that just enables and is not considered an action free or otherwise...
User avatar
depster
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Vancouver the Connection on Cambie & Imperial Hobbies in Richmond

Postby radone » Sun May 04, 2008 5:41 pm

d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:
d'epster wrote:
radone wrote:
switch21 wrote:Probability Control is not a free action. It's not an action at all. It's simply a power enabling a re-roll of the dice. Therefore, someone could use their own PC on a defense roll (for example) and then use the Theme Prob on the next roll, taking the token.

Prob Control is not the same as Outwit, perplex...
Exactly.


I see...is there any other power that is like prob control?
Not sure what you mean by this. As in a power that is not activated by giving an action or something that lets you re-roll?


I mean a power that just enables and is not considered an action free or otherwise...
Hmm..I don't think that there are that many. Pretty much any damage reducer, Super senses, Enhancement, Shape Change, Switching Team Abilities on a Wildcard,plasticity (not when moving though).That is all I can think of without going into special powers.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House


Return to Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron