Floor Team Ideas

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Floor Team Ideas

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:06 pm

Making Wrecker Work:
230 Wrecker
10 Nanobots
37 Badoon (V)
5 Entrench
17 Green Flame
= 299
BFCs: Great Arena, Extraordinary Day

Cuckoo Lookoo:

131 Professor X
6 Coordination
120 Cuckoo (x3)
40 Storm (DR)
= 297

BFCs: Malice, Assembled
Theme Team (X-Men)

[edited]
Last edited by rancidtwinkie on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby radone » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:06 pm

I like the Cuckoo team. You might want to use Deep Shadows as your other BFC or possible Assembled. The Shadows will either be ignored by your opponent or will really help you.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
radone
Unique
Unique

Re: Floor Team Ideas

Postby donveersingh » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:47 am

rancidtwinkie wrote:Making Wrecker Work:
230 Wrecker
10 Nanobots
37 Badoon (V)
5 Entrench
17 Green Flame
= 299
BFCs: Great Arena, Extraordinary Day

[edited]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

\liil liil/
donveersingh
Masterpiece
Masterpiece

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:36 pm

radone wrote:I like the Cuckoo team. You might want to use Deep Shadows as your other BFC or possible Assembled. The Shadows will either be ignored by your opponent or will really help you.

I like to play with BFCs that I don't mind NOT ignoring - that leaves me free to ignore my opponents. Either Assembled or Resistance would make sense though.
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby rancidtwinkie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Lock Down

117 Mastermind
100 Iceman
48 Dazzler
35 Scarlet Witch

300 Pts
4 Figure Mutant Theme Team

BFC: Exhaustion, Malice

- can lock down a 'Tent-Pole' team, and has enough multi-target attacks (including // EE) to handle a swarm team.

Thoughts?
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby radone » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:30 pm

It is an interesting team but lacks a little bit of mobility and close combat. You might run in to some problems with stealth as well.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:16 pm

radone wrote:It is an interesting team but lacks a little bit of mobility and close combat. You might run in to some problems with stealth as well.

Replace Dazzler with X-23 + Vault?
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby radone » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 pm

That might work as X-23 can do some CC damage and you can get x-23 into place with the barriers.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby rancidtwinkie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Two choices for tonight (brought both to work):

Danger
Ahab
Raza E
Red Tornado R

OR

Danger
Batman (JL - OotS)
Arcade + AP

5 points left for Monster Hunter, Flashbang or Valut

Thoughts?
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize

Postby sordarial » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:12 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:Two choices for tonight (brought both to work):

Danger
Ahab
Raza E
Red Tornado R

OR

Danger
Batman (JL - OotS)
Arcade + AP

5 points left for Monster Hunter, Flashbang or Valut

Thoughts?

Hey, I was going to play a Danger team too :?

I guess I will use the "other" team!
sordarial
Chase
Chase

Postby radone » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:50 pm

I like the first one...Does it give you a Robot team? If so I would go with that one.. The second one looks like it would be fun as well.
radone
Unique
Unique

Postby Dan Grylls » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:57 pm

rancidtwinkie wrote:
Cuckoo Lookoo:

131 Professor X
6 Coordination
120 Cuckoo (x3)
40 Storm (DR)
= 297

BFCs: Malice, Assembled
Theme Team (X-Men)

[edited]

Assembled requires "more than four characters... with the same team symbol but different names", so this team doesn't gain any benefits.

I played a version of it today (successfully) that swapped out Storm for another Cuckoo (being able to boost their attacks to 10 with Prof. X frees up the Hive Mind bonus to amp damage to 5. Nasty.), and Inertial Interference Field. I also had Monster Hunter on Professor X (that world famous monster hunter...), though it didn't come into play, as no monsters showed up.

In retrospect, I'd swap IIF for Resistance (which I was originally going to play instead of Malice). Outwitting Hive Mind or Coordination (Cuckoo power, not the feat) can mess up a Cuckoo team, but they're going to be adjacent to each other all the time, so they'll benefit from Resistance against any outwit. If you have to ignore your opponent's BFC instead, it doesn't hurt you too much, as only a few teams will be able to benefit from it.

---

First round:
Mastermind, Archangel (with Nanobots), Scarlet Witch (Avengers Uncommon). There might have been another feat in there somewhere. I played my placeholder, I forget what my opponent played, but it didn't really come into play.

Mastermind stayed in Stealth the whole time, forcing the Cuckoos to come into close combat. Professor X stayed back at the limits of his range, keeping the Cuckoos in Cerebro range, and occasionally perplexing up his own range to 13 to take pokes at Scarlet Witch. The Cuckoos are vulnerable to Mastermind's Mind Control, but my opponent's rolls generally saved me from the consequences thereof. The damage from the Cuckoos got masterminded onto Archangel, who then went to Nanobot some of objects. However, the only ones he could get to put him smack in the middle of the fight, so Charlie outwitted the invuln he had landed on, and one of the Cuckoos smacked him for 5, putting him down. After that, it was cleanup time, as other than mind controlling my team to attack itself, he didn't really have any damage to speak of. Professor X came through unscathed, one of the Cuckoos was on her last click, at least one was still top dial. Cuckoos are MVP.

Second round:
Green Scar and Miek. I think Miek had Armor Piercing, but I can't recall. Opponent played Shrunk, I played IIF and ignored Shrunk. As Shrunk didn't do anything to either team, only IIF mattered, but it didn't matter much. Miek mostly played (short-lived) meat shield to help Green Scar get close. Once they were in range, Cerebro'd up the Cuckoos attacks to 10, and two of them put him down fairly quickly with Hive Mind going to damage. I pushed the Cuckoos a bit after that, to keep them out of base contact with Green Scar so that he could strike back. He tossed a heavy object at one, but she survived. Once he was on Toughest One There Is, the Outwit switched to that, and the Cuckoos kicked him to death. Chuck's outwit is MVP. Move and attack with that much damage would have lost me a Cuckoo in the opening salvo, for sure.

Third round:
Green Scar (with Fortitude) and Marvel Girl. I play Malice and ignore it, opponent has no BFC. Ouch.
Marvel Girl TK's Green Scar into combat, and then pretty much spends the rest of the game getting Malice'd. She does try and move up into usefull range mid game, but only gets as far as the extreme edges of Prof. X's range... Green Scar attempts to go after Prof. X, but the Cuckoos block for him, freeing him up to incap. Once Jean's out of the picture, the Malice starts to eat away at Hulk. He retreats in hope of regenning, and I pursue him into the stands with the Cuckoos. He pushes to regen, but rolls a 1. The push and Malice combo put him down. Malice is MVP.
Will trade chase KC Superman & more for E2 Superman
Dan Grylls
Unique
Unique

Postby switch21 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 am

rancidtwinkie wrote:Lock Down

117 Mastermind
100 Iceman
48 Dazzler
35 Scarlet Witch

300 Pts
4 Figure Mutant Theme Team

BFC: Exhaustion, Malice

- can lock down a 'Tent-Pole' team, and has enough multi-target attacks (including // EE) to handle a swarm team.

Thoughts?

I played the Mastermind team Dan mentioned above. I had:
Mastermind
Archangel (Nanobots, Inside Information)
Scarlet Witch (UC Avengers)

A 298 point mutant theme team with tons of incap, decent attack values, but yeah, the mobility is tough. Used exhaustion and Deep Shadows (ignore with theme team).

I think this team could rock, but the UC Scarlett witch was a wrong choice. Also, Archangel is not bad (in the Iceman spot), but really should have higher movement to be more effective. Against the Cuckoo team, Archangel never even got to attack... would've killed the Cuckoos (Inside Info upping AV to 12 with 3Damage or Blades) or at least a couple, but he was busy being Mastermind fodder for too long. My bad.

Anyhow, I went 1-2 on the day, losing to one green scar team (one square of poor placement, Angel dies...argh) and beating the next green scar team :)

Lessons learned. Improvement on the way ;)
switch21
Super Rare
Super Rare

Return to Strategy