Starro: What did you play, how did it do?

Team builds, combos, how to beat Rob, how to beat Ishi, etc.

Moderators: Mysterious Stranger, radone

Postby sordarial » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:53 am

Batman
Abra Kadabra
Flash (Starro)
Bouncing Boy

wild-carding Batman TA = awesome!

I really tried making Bouncing Boy's Ricochet (or as i like to call it, his "boing") work, but his low attack makes it hard to pull off.
User avatar
sordarial
Chase
Chase
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Postby radone » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:29 am

sordarial wrote:Batman
Abra Kadabra
Flash (Starro)
Bouncing Boy

wild-carding Batman TA = awesome!

I really tried making Bouncing Boy's Ricochet (or as i like to call it, his "boing") work, but his low attack makes it hard to pull off.


His low attack and the fact that you kept killing the people he could have bounced off of with someone else.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby LionKingXXVII » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:20 am

I played a mean team today. I used Superman non-one million alongside Zatanna. I lost Zatanna in EVERY match but was able to pull off the wins with just Supes...he's pretty sick. I was glad I once again did not have to run into the other two meanies out there. (Another Supes and Amazo were flying around out there)
Hey radone, I'm radtwo!
Don = "CHEESE"
Tofer = "IGNANT"
number6 = EVIL...
"MASTER OF DECEPTION" according to number6
User avatar
LionKingXXVII
Promo
Promo
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Richmond

Postby DarkestThicket » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 am

Common Batman ruled the roost again!!!
Starro Flash
Merlyn
Chronos
Swimming Willpower Pog
BFC: Shrunk

Hit and runs with the Flash, Poofing with Batman, 5 Range Merlyn and the pog killed two dudes in the game agains Ben, almost killed Myx but he critically fumbled himself to death.
User avatar
DarkestThicket
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 2048
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Richmond

Postby number6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:44 am

Well I pulled 2 of the common "poofing" Batman figures, and tested out the running theory that stealth in this set is really tough to beat.

Batman (Poofing)
Batman (Poofing)
Chronos (Daemon's insurance policy)
Flash (Starro)

297 pts.

3-0. Swept 2 matches, and only lost figures to Chet, and my nerve as he has stupid lucky dice "This is a long shot, I need a ten!" and guess what, he gets it every frickin time! But I digress.
The 2 sweeps were waiting games initially as they hid in the vault, until I started shooting it up to create more hindering terrain for the Batman...it was cruel and unusual punishment to go up against 2 of them and I won't be playing that figure again until the final Starro event.
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Postby radone » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:21 pm

number6 wrote:Well I pulled 2 of the common "poofing" Batman figures, and tested out the running theory that stealth in this set is really tough to beat.

Batman (Poofing)
Batman (Poofing)
Chronos (Daemon's insurance policy)
Flash (Starro)

297 pts.

3-0. Swept 2 matches, and only lost figures to Chet, and my nerve as he has stupid lucky dice "This is a long shot, I need a ten!" and guess what, he gets it every frickin time! But I digress.
The 2 sweeps were waiting games initially as they hid in the vault, until I started shooting it up to create more hindering terrain for the Batman...it was cruel and unusual punishment to go up against 2 of them and I won't be playing that figure again until the final Starro event.



Hey wait a minute you know you are pulling a Batman for the starro finals already :P :P I call shenanigans.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby number6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:12 pm

The odds are better than me pulling a Guy Gardner ;).....oh wait :( :( :(
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Postby radone » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:49 pm

number6 wrote:The odds are better than me pulling a Guy Gardner ;).....oh wait :( :( :(


Very true. since you will get 2 commons most likey from each pack. I believe there are 16 commons so it is about a 25% chance slighly less actually because of the chance of getting dupe commons as well as the super rares taking up one of the common slots.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby number6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:25 pm

radone wrote:
number6 wrote:The odds are better than me pulling a Guy Gardner ;).....oh wait :( :( :(


Very true. since you will get 2 commons most likey from each pack. I believe there are 16 commons so it is about a 25% chance slighly less actually because of the chance of getting dupe commons as well as the super rares taking up one of the common slots.


Well toss in the Batman and Robin Duo-Figure and you are closer to your 25%. That figure in itself is incredibly effective in this sealed format. Admitted not as brutal as 2 of the Poofing common Batman figures, but still deadly nonetheless.
Toss in the wildcards available and with any Batman TA figure you are very difficult to defeat. Albert's team that I went against was a prime example of how the Batman TA with any wildcard in this set is gross gross gross....
Batman (Poofing)
Dreamgirl
Lex Luthor
Some Pog

The pog was a liability as I could KO it and thus gain the win with 1 KO, but with points being a factor I needed to push it. Batman being major player I needed to get him first. Albert played well keeping them together as a group so if I made an attack on Batman Luthor with his 11 AV would retaliate....but he got unnerved by the Chronos hit and run Transporter attack (he got the SS roll though) so he split his forces to outwit Chornos' Prob and up Luthor's defense on the push.
Then it was a big hit and run dance, with the end result being I finally remembered that destroying an object made it dissappear as opposed to just turn into rubble (new rule). So he had his team on "islands" of objects to keep my batman figures from appearing next to his figures and laying waste. Well destroying the object solved that problem :twisted: .
I go into a great explanation on this so that those who read will know a way to deal with Batman ;)

I'd still prefer a Guy Gardner for the finale though...over the Starro....but I figure if I don't pull a Guy, I'd be happy with a shot at Starro with a batman pull so I could possibly win and trade for a Guy ;)
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Postby radone » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:40 am

number6 wrote:
radone wrote:
number6 wrote:The odds are better than me pulling a Guy Gardner ;).....oh wait :( :( :(


Very true. since you will get 2 commons most likey from each pack. I believe there are 16 commons so it is about a 25% chance slighly less actually because of the chance of getting dupe commons as well as the super rares taking up one of the common slots.



Then it was a big hit and run dance, with the end result being I finally remembered that destroying an object made it dissappear as opposed to just turn into rubble (new rule). So he had his team on "islands" of objects to keep my batman figures from appearing next to his figures and laying waste. Well destroying the object solved that problem :twisted: .


Are you sure about the object being removed from the game it say that destroying objects is the same as destroying blocking and that blocking terrain turns into hindering terrain when destroyed. I am not sure that was ruled correctly.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby number6 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 am

What you read is correct, I just read it myself. Although when I asked the judge, there was a gathering of players who also were in agreement. I do recall "hearing" about said ruling a while back.
Of course the WKs website is down so that precludes searching the judges forums until a later date :roll:
LATTLAY FOTTFOY
number6
Super Rare
Super Rare
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:35 pm

Postby Atomic Fire » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:05 am

I played

Flash (Starro)
Hector Hammond
Zatanna
Firehawk

298 pts.

Went 1-2. It was sad. I couldn't roll to save my life except for the last match against Frank when i rolled 4 crit hits. 2 in the same turn. My one desparate move against Damon's Proofing Batmen was Hector perplexing Flash's damage, then Tk'ing him out of the vault so he can charge flurry Bats and roll a crit miss. Damon's like "oh, i didn't know Hector had tk. That was a surprise." And then the demoralizing began!! :D

I cried a bit on the inside. Ok maybe i shed one tear. Batman is mean!

Just an Fyi, Hector is actually a half decent piece if you have a taxi for him. Perplex, MC, TK, PB with 8 range all on his first click. Not bad. Firehawk is badass for her points too.
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Postby sordarial » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 am

LoSH Rulebook wrote: Destroying Objects: Objects can be destroyed using the rules for destroying a square of blocking terrain.


LoSH Rulebook wrote:Destroying Blocking Terrain: A square of blocking terrain can be destroyed by an attack that deals at least 3 damage in a single attack. [...] When a square of blocking terrain is destroyed, place a
debris terrain marker in the square.


So busting objects would leave debris. Only when an object is destroyed during an attack on a character is it removed from the game.
User avatar
sordarial
Chase
Chase
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Postby MeatLoafX » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:23 pm

Atomic Fire wrote:Just an Fyi, Hector is actually a half decent piece if you have a taxi for him. Perplex, MC, TK, PB with 8 range all on his first click. Not bad. Firehawk is badass for her points too.


I played Hector this weekend and went 3-1. The guy was incredibly fun to play and decent - perplex, TK, MC, 8 range, 2 damage... not bad. Plus, it was fun to rock people with such a silly looking figure.
MeatLoafX
Experienced
Experienced
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:19 am

Postby radone » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:00 pm

sordarial wrote:
LoSH Rulebook wrote: Destroying Objects: Objects can be destroyed using the rules for destroying a square of blocking terrain.


LoSH Rulebook wrote:Destroying Blocking Terrain: A square of blocking terrain can be destroyed by an attack that deals at least 3 damage in a single attack. [...] When a square of blocking terrain is destroyed, place a
debris terrain marker in the square.


So busting objects would leave debris. Only when an object is destroyed during an attack on a character is it removed from the game.

Thanks for the quote Pat I didn't have time to type it this am.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby radone » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:02 pm

MeatLoafX wrote:
Atomic Fire wrote:Just an Fyi, Hector is actually a half decent piece if you have a taxi for him. Perplex, MC, TK, PB with 8 range all on his first click. Not bad. Firehawk is badass for her points too.


I played Hector this weekend and went 3-1. The guy was incredibly fun to play and decent - perplex, TK, MC, 8 range, 2 damage... not bad. Plus, it was fun to rock people with such a silly looking figure.


I played Hector on the weekend as well. I like him as well. The front loaded tk and psy blast with perplex is awesome.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby Atomic Fire » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:11 pm

So this is the last week before the big showdown for Starro. Anyone surprised by any figs this week? What did you use?
User avatar
Atomic Fire
Mail-Away LE
Mail-Away LE
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: POW!

Postby radone » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:41 pm

I was quite suprised that Batman didn't win this week even though there were 4 of them out there (2 on one team). It was actually Lex who won it for me.
Thursday's at the Connection on Renfrew 6pm
User avatar
radone
Unique
Unique
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Joe Mamma's House

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Lex is pretty damn awesome! I heard you had him with Gypsy, which was my pre-release combo of doom. :)
If I had a fish who was missing an eye, I'd name him Fsh.
User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Herald of Theovis
Herald of Theovis
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Drexoll Games

Postby rancidtwinkie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:23 pm

Lex, Batman and Toyman made a brutal team.
Soylent Green ist menschenfleisch!
User avatar
rancidtwinkie
Marquee Prize
Marquee Prize
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: GVRD

Previous

Return to Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron